2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so your post has drawn some ridicule. But I’m assuming that what you’re saying is that we aren’t playing with the swagger of the first Martinez season and aren’t dominating teams like we did at times that season?
This is true, but I think that’s because Carlo doesn’t have the luxuries of a pair of full backs like Baines and Coleman used to be, and doesn’t have the bite in midfield that a young and fit James McCarthy gave us that year, or the firepower that a young Lukaku gave us.
So Carlo is instead getting this bunch to be a bit more confident, leak less goals, score a few more goals, and play percentage football when necessary. The players are not all good enough to play possession football so he’s getting them to do the basics better. Then he can work on making them better footballers and add his types of players in future transfer windows.
Then, I think we’ll see his Everton dominate other sides and play some attractive football. He won’t want to experiment too much at this stage as he knows that a few results going against us will shatter confidence and we don’t want to be back in a scrap at the wrong end of the table in March or April.

Great post. Only time will tell if we ever get Bobby's swagger

Reactions: Loz
Carlo is a solid manager and no mistake.

But theres none of the flair or majesty of Martinez.

A Martinez team would have won today 6-2.
None of the free flowing, OportoPressing, ultra attacking of a Marco Silva team either for me.

A Silva team would’ve won today 0-1.

You can see his ability to make the best of what he has. He's unlocked us and is getting more than I would've ever thought possible from this squad. Now we need to see what he can build with funds to acquire better players. This is the piece of it that he's not been forced to do in a long time but I feel good about it.

Was listening to a bit of his interview on the way home from the game, what I really liked was him saying “the performance was so so, it could have been better” nice to see he won’t accept below par even when we win.
He also said something along the lines of "of course given the choice I'd much rather have the three points than a good performance"

Which I really liked. Certain managers who we've had since Moyes left have given the impression that they'd much rather lose a game playing well than win one playing poorly.

I WANT THE POINTS

He's so good here makes you wonder what happened in Napoli

Well documented that he had plenty of issues with Napoli's president and there were a few problems with him being signed players he didn't want, Lozano was one of them IIRC. De Laurentiis is a renowned nutcase anyway, no doubt the whole fiasco rubbed off on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.