2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo is a solid manager and no mistake.

But theres none of the flair or majesty of Martinez.

A Martinez team would have won today 6-2.

Martinez’s second and third seasons rivalled the very worst of Koeman and Allardyce. Three defensive kids and three number 10s upfront getting walloped 3-0 away at Southampton without a sub being made or a shot on target. Heady times.

Martinez’s second and third seasons rivalled the very worst of Koeman and Allardyce. Three defensive kids and three number 10s upfront getting walloped 3-0 away at Southampton without a sub being made or a shot on target. Heady times.
Sure Martinez went back to back seasons without breaching 50 points, if memory serves me right he had the likes of Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley, a younger Baines Jagielka and Coleman, Barry and McCarthy to call upon. Pound for pound, squad for squad he was our worst ever manager.

Said this to a pal who supports West Ham. I said he is getting a tune out of a bang average team, just wait till he gets the players he wants in the summer. By contrast he thinks they’ll go down with Moyes.
Yep.

Just get in front 2nd half and shut it down.

Dont trust this shower of clowns to play with control and confidence and build on a lead.

They are the same old cowards who've let us down for seasons now. Ancelotti recognises it and has seen first hand how they cant handle the responsibility of shutting down games convincingly.

Thank goodness this calming influence is here.

A basket case club with a group of players so bad they cant find their own team mates with a pass most of the time.

He's just giving them simple stuff to do - not asking them to do what he;d ask players at his other clubs to do - and getting us to the end of the season in one piece.

Carlo is a solid manager and no mistake.

But theres none of the flair or majesty of Martinez.

A Martinez team would have won today 6-2.
Ok, so your post has drawn some ridicule. But I’m assuming that what you’re saying is that we aren’t playing with the swagger of the first Martinez season and aren’t dominating teams like we did at times that season?
This is true, but I think that’s because Carlo doesn’t have the luxuries of a pair of full backs like Baines and Coleman used to be, and doesn’t have the bite in midfield that a young and fit James McCarthy gave us that year, or the firepower that a young Lukaku gave us.
So Carlo is instead getting this bunch to be a bit more confident, leak less goals, score a few more goals, and play percentage football when necessary. The players are not all good enough to play possession football so he’s getting them to do the basics better. Then he can work on making them better footballers and add his types of players in future transfer windows.
Then, I think we’ll see his Everton dominate other sides and play some attractive football. He won’t want to experiment too much at this stage as he knows that a few results going against us will shatter confidence and we don’t want to be back in a scrap at the wrong end of the table in March or April.

Status
Not open for further replies.