2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way he goes conservative when we get a second half lead.

I doubt it's his preference to do that, but he's a realist and a good organiser. He's all the time mindful of how mentally weak this bunch of cowards are.
Said this to a pal who supports West Ham. I said he is getting a tune out of a bang average team, just wait till he gets the players he wants in the summer. By contrast he thinks they’ll go down with Moyes.

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, on BT Sport: "The best thing today is the result, the performance was not so good. It was a difficult game, a lot of interruptions. We were not able to keep the intensity. Richarlison did a fantastic counter attack and we won for this reason.

"Before the break, three points is important. We know they have this quality, Richarlison is a fantastic player in counter attack, he used that situation really well."

On Theo Walcott's injury: "In the squad there is no player that can replace the ability of Walcott, Sidibe did well but is more defensive qualities than Walcott, I hope it will not be serious but we will see tomorrow."

And Sidibe missing a sock before coming on: "A new experience for me!"

On qualifying for Europe: "This is the target, since I arrived the team did a fantastic job, now we have a possibility to think about Europa League."
That raised eyebrow... it's no wonder he has it.

Think it’s clear he’s made a big difference. I’ll be honest and say I still don’t think we’re playing well, and some of his decisions proper baffle me, but I honestly couldn’t care less when we’re winning so often. He deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done (as does Ferguson).

Would snap your hands off at 4 points from the next two.

Saying that I would love us to shove it to Merson and Nicholas regarding Arteta and have Carlo lead us to 3 points at their own ground.
I’ll never forget there condemnation of us appointing Carlo, when they are the rest of the media were falling over themselves to praise Arteta whose one one game. Just because a man is a great number 2 (see Harvey, Evans, McClaren) doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll go on to be great managers.

I can't understand Everton fans turning their nose up at qualification for it with Carlo in charge.

I'd love to see us get it, we've nearly as much chance of winning that than getting top four in the league, both obviously tough asks but we should be looking at European qualification year in year out, we're in no position to pick and choose the year or the competition.

If we got into the CL on the back of winning the EL, theyd probably say we ruined that aswell

I’ll never forget there condemnation of us appointing Carlo, when they are the rest of the media were falling over themselves to praise Arteta whose one one game. Just because a man is a great number 2 (see Harvey, Evans, McClaren) doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll go on to be great managers.

Can see a point at best but would love us to nick a win at their gaff - we let them off at Goodison.

With us having got 17 points since his arrival, Carlo has done even better than could've been expected considering it's someone else's squad. I'd have took a mid-table finish looking at the trouble we were in when he got the gig here.

This manager has had a big impact so far and it's really only very early days. And to think we had plenty of Blues championing the cause of Moyes when the job was available. Thank god the club didn't listen!

We are now bang in the race for Europe, and maybe even outsiders for a top four place.

I doubt he will but I would like us to go 3-5-2 for Arsenal & Chelsea away and the Derby.

All 3 games we'll be the underdog and could do with that extra man at the back.

Pickford

Keane
Holgate
Mina

Sidibe
Schneiderlin
Gomes
Delph
Digne

Richarlison
DCL

Would be my side - Schneiderlin and Delph as the defensive shield for the back 3 with the two fullbacks & Gomes given licence to get forward and supply the front 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.