2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wherever he's been Ancelotti gets the best out of his strikers and DCL and Richarlison are benefitting from that massively. That's the main difference since he's come in. 2/3 quality additions to our squad in the summer and we could really kick on next season. I hope we can afford them!

Wherever he's been Ancelotti gets the best out of his strikers and DCL and Richarlison are benefitting from that massively. That's the main difference since he's come in. 2/3 quality additions to our squad in the summer and we could really kick on next season. I hope we can afford them!

well, the encouraging thing there is that he has a track record of buying players for not so much and having them develop into greats under his management

It'll be interesting to see what happens at Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs away, where historically (under many managers) we've been unable to get a victory.

If he can be the one to start to dismantle our voodoo at those grounds, I feel that we could really start pushing on because fixtures at home do not worry me.
Chelsea and Arsenal nothing to be afraid of at all. Spurs have improved under Jose and will be more difficult IMHO

Chelsea and Arsenal nothing to be afraid of at all. Spurs have improved under Jose and will be more difficult IMHO
I agree with all those points entirely: this Arsenal team is the worst I've seen in decades and Lampard's Chelsea are inconsistent and a team that are beatable.

Unfortunately, it doesn't negate the point that our long term record at all three grounds is nothing short of horrendous, like it is at other of the top clubs.

If we want to push on, we need to be able to challenge these clubs on their home ground and secure points where traditionally we do not get any.

Carlo is improving our mentality, as you can see at Watford and yesterday, but results against Liverpool and Newcastle still show there is a long, long way to go.

For me, that's his biggest challenge by far and the one I will be really judging him on. At home, it's often a completely different story.

Just nice to watch us playing something other than 4231 for the first time consistently since 2005. So refreshing watching us have two mobile physical strikers up front who are carrying a threat all game home and away rather than the years of watching isolated strikers ahead of slow number tens who could barely carve a chance out away from home.

It will be interesting to see who we go after in the summer. Ancelotti is getting much more out of this squad and with no additions.
Silva looked out of ideas. He shakes things up, rotates players. It’s a pleasure to watch.

I hope that we add one or two real quality players rather than huge numbers. For me, that is the key this summer.

I think we will see him try to bring Gordon into the team a bit as well and get Kean some time. I note we are looking at the young striker from Wigan, which fits the Brands model of developing young ralent.

Status
Not open for further replies.