Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to bring this line out for any manager we hire. He’s going to see a squad with Richarlison Bernard Gomes Digne Mina Gbamin Iwobi in it. More than enough there for him to build on.

Only one of those makes any Ancelotti team of the last 20 years, which is where the sole concern over this appointment tends to originate from.

No surprises. If I was an Evertonian journalist and I had to write a piece on Liverpool I would probably do everything I could to be as bitter, twisted and salt wound rubbing as possible to piss their fans off too. That’s all he’s doing.
See I’ve not really minded Dom King. He is a red and naturally will swag more towards them in writing.

but he seems to be going out of his way toto be snide regarding Ancelotti and it’s a bit boring now.

How have we gone from appointing Moyes, a guy who's won a Community Shield, to appointing a guy who's won La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga, the Premier League/FA Cup double and 3 European Cups?

It just doesn't seem real.

I hope it happens but I can't see it.

How have we gone from appointing Moyes, a guy who's won a Community Shield, to appointing a guy who's won La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga, the Premier League/FA Cup double and 3 European Cups?

It just doesn't seem real.

I hope it happens but I can't see it.

Because we were never appointing Moyes. It was lazy hacks reaching for an easy story because nobody who knows anything at Everton talks to them anymore.

They seem to bring this line out for any manager we hire. He’s going to see a squad with Richarlison Bernard Gomes Digne Mina Gbamin Iwobi in it. More than enough there for him to build on.
Richarlison and digne all the rest don't get anywhere near his team's.

The issue is he is going to get loads of money to spend on transfers to build a team, something he hasn't done for 2 decades, he takes over teams with good squads

We can't afford to get it wrong again, if he spends 250-300m in 2 or 3 transfer windows and the team doesn't gel, we will be in real trouble and can't see moshiri staying if that happens either.

As an aside, why are people concerned about his age? He can only be 59 or 60. Many top managers now go on managing well into their seventies.
Not about age, he hasnt taken on a project like this before.
He will have big money to spend to turn the team into top 4 challengers, the squad will completely change within 2-3 transfer windows like it did under koeman.
Ancelotti is a world class manager no doubt, but can he build a team that quickly and get them to gel

King is over in Doha reporting on his beloved reds. Anyone who thinks he’s got some kind of inside track on this story needs to give their head a wobble. He’s merely mischief making and trying to find fault with us seeking to appoint a truly World class manager. That article has absolutely zero actual substance and is just a bitter red hack’s snide attempt to belittle and cast doubt.

Any doubts should be put aside based on the fact that Carlo Ancelotti isn't Moyes, Martinez, Unworth, Koeman, Allardyce, Sammy Lee or Marco.

Be grateful we haven't ended up with Moyes or Mark Hughes

Any doubts should be put aside based on the fact that Carlo Ancelotti isn't Moyes, Martinez, Unworth, Koeman, Allardyce, Sammy Lee or Marco.

Be grateful we haven't ended up with Moyes or Mark Hughes

Carlo hasn't been appointed yet. I can still see us appointing a Hughes or a Moyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.