Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands is
If this is the case, then what on earth would be the reaction if this now doesn’t go ahead? The press haven’t done the club any favours in terms of the level of reporting which has suggested this is now a foregone conclusion.

If negotiations aren’t yet completed by now, then Ancelotti’s team will know they could make further demands as the club won’t want to further alienate the fanbase by back tracking and appointing someone else.

Being able and willing to walk away from any deal is critical in any negotiation, Everton now can’t do this and FM has essentially backed us into a corner - again, assuming negotiations haven’t been completed.

To expect Ancelotti and appoint almost any other manager is quite a step down in terms of ambition so it’s crucial that, if FM has decided Ancelotti is the man, then we get this wrapped up as quickly as possible.

Wasn’t anything FM did or didn’t do properly that gave CA upper hand. CA had that going in and everyone knows it. He was able to dictate terms from the jump. Club is never going to walk away from him and both parties know this. No way Everton are going to be able to play hard to get.

issue is that CA wants 100% control, reducing Brands to a glorified scout. Brands may as well be ok with this sincehe should have figured out bynow he didn’t have control anyway. If I’m MB I think I’d rather be the puppet of Carlo Ancrlloti then Bill F’n Kenwright, who presumably now will finally be given an office in the basement and a red stapler.

Everton talks with Carlo Ancelotti continue as Farhad Moshiri looks to appoint new manager
Ancelotti has been locked in talks with Everton as they look to appoint the Italian as new boss
Everton were last night still working on a deal to make Carlo Ancelotti the club's new manager.
The Italian travelled to London for a meeting with majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri but following a day of discussions an agreement had not been finalised.
The 60-year-old, sacked by Napoli earlier this month, had intended to wait until the end of the season before pursuing a new job in management but is keen on taking the reins at Goodison.
But, in talks with Moshiri yesterday, he wanted reassurances over the type of squad he could expect to work with.
After holding initial talks last week, the former Chelsea and Real Madrid boss came to London yesterday for further discussions but work on his appointment will carry on into today.

Nothing at all unusual in that. If he is appointed, he'll face a challenge unprecedented in his managerial career so he will want reassurances on many fronts.

I haven't read anything which suggests things are stalling and we have been told to expect something by Friday which is fair enough.

We have already done the hard part in being able to convince a manager of his calibre to sit down and discuss details over what must have been several meetings, some with his advisors only but it seems at least one meeting with him in London.

I do have concerns about how another transfer splurge would be funded and the structure that remains in place with Brands but those are separate issues. As long as we are not stretching the bounds of what's possible with him beyond what Moshiri can reasonably deliver, then it's just a case of waiting another few days.

I don't expect anything more on this today and that's to be expected, we have been told as much.

If this is the case, then what on earth would be the reaction if this now doesn’t go ahead? The press haven’t done the club any favours in terms of the level of reporting which has suggested this is now a foregone conclusion.

If negotiations aren’t yet completed by now, then Ancelotti’s team will know they could make further demands as the club won’t want to further alienate the fanbase by back tracking and appointing someone else.

Being able and willing to walk away from any deal is critical in any negotiation, Everton now can’t do this and FM has essentially backed us into a corner - again, assuming negotiations haven’t been completed.

To expect Ancelotti and appoint almost any other manager is quite a step down in terms of ambition so it’s crucial that, if FM has decided Ancelotti is the man, then we get this wrapped up as quickly as possible.
Purposely done.

If it happens "We told you so, nothing to see here", it it goes zits up, then they will have a good old laugh at our expense, and of course roundly mocked by Liverpool supporters.

He’ll be sorting out numerous bits and pieces which come with leaving one job and moving to another that is in a different country. I do t know why people think that after one meeting it will all be sorted. There’s probably loads of just very administrative things to iron out before any announcement could be made.

Purposely done.

If it happens "We told you so, nothing to see here", it it goes zits up, then they will have a good old laugh at our expense, and of course roundly mocked by Liverpool supporters.

I’m not sure I agree it was done with an agenda, I just think that there is a real urgency to be “first” with the press, rather than “accurate” - and that very urgency possibly hasn’t helped us in this instance. It will probably mean we pay more than we need to and agree to things that we otherwise would have preferred not to as Ancelotti holds all the cards and can demand what he wants - knowing we have to relent.

If we backtrack now and appoint a Moyes, Ferguson or indeed anyone else, even on an interim basis, it would deflate the fanbase perhaps even more than we already were.

I’d take what he says with a pinch of salt. It isn’t complete yet, however the club are holding some of their cards close to their chest
Billionaires with super yachts and mega business interests are not known for divulging their business plans to journalists from local rags.
They may give vague interviews to the FT or other noteworthy financial journals ,but even then they wont give details.

Status
Not open for further replies.