Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will Ancelotti live.
Everton will turn the top floor of the Liver building into a luxurious 3 bedroom penthouse apartment with panoramic views over the city and allow Mrs Ancelotti decorate it to he own personal taste.
The couple will be then allowed live rent free in the penthouse rent free for the duration of Carlos tenure at the club

It’s just BS I reckon mate but I’m afraid of the worst outcome nonetheless.

I can’t get the image of Moyes ugly mug out of my head. I can’t do another 11 years of him, it was dire then and it will be dire again.

Where are these whispers? Apart from that fat mess Dominic King, everybody else says this is a goer.

Only one of those makes any Ancelotti team of the last 20 years, which is where the sole concern over this appointment tends to originate from.

Well PSG have only been relevant in the last 5/6 years i'd say. Ancelotti took over that club in 2011 and if you look at their first team squad from when he took over its slightly above average at a push. Sure they had 2 or 3 decent players already at the club ( much like ourselves ), but the rest of the squad was average or slightly above average at best. Once he took over he added to those 2 / 3 decent players and brought in the likes of Thiago Motta, Thiago Silva, Marco Veratti, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi, Lucus Moura and Beckham. Those other average first team squad players also improved under him and went on to have decent careers themselves.

Before him, PSG went through a spell of not winning anything for about 15 years. It was under him that PSG started to become the attraction they are today. I'm not saying that we'll become champions of England in his first season here or that we'll even win anything; i'm saying that when he took over at PSG, not many of the squad that were at the club when he arrived, if any, would make any team of his in the last 20 years either.

Carlo Ancelotti attracts big name players and he can also clearly identify a player of world class potential.

The concern over his appointment originates from jealous bellends who can't accept lil arl Everton FC are being ambitious and want to have a go. The same bellends who had hoped lil arl Everton FC stayed a no mark of a club, a wannabe attraction, the best of the rest.

It amazes me the amount the negativity associated with the appointment of one of the most decorated managers in world football, JUST because he's linked with Everton. If Arsenal appointed him, and their squad of players is no better, then everybody would be talking about what an amazing appointment it would be. Remember Ferguson wanted Ancelotti at Man Utd as number 1 choice NOT David Moyes. I'm mainly talking about journalists here.

Now, again, I don't do idol gossip, it may be true, it may not, but just hearing those statements just brings goosebumps to my body

Not idol gossip, just a regurgitation of whats been posted by clickbaiters and media outlets, but with an added topping of extra vomit. And you had goosebumps over it.

If I’m being brutally honest with myself, I do have concerns over whether Ancelotti is the right type of “fit” for Everton... but it’s a situation where if a manager with that sort of CV is interested, we sort of HAVE TO spin the wheel and see if it works...

That's the thing mate, do we carry on appointing managers like Martinez, Koeman, Silva, or take a roll of the dice and appoint a world class manager who hasn't had a project like us in his managerial career. I know which one I would be going with.

Everton will turn the top floor of the Liver building into a luxurious 3 bedroom penthouse apartment with panoramic views over the city and allow Mrs Ancelotti decorate it to he own personal taste.
The couple will be then allowed live rent free in the penthouse rent free for the duration of Carlos tenure at the club

You doing the rebuilding and decorating work? Nice job. Are you sure you can come over from Eire to do it?lol;)

It’s just BS I reckon mate but I’m afraid of the worst outcome nonetheless.

I can’t get the image of Moyes ugly mug out of my head. I can’t do another 11 years of him, it was dire then and it will be dire again.

No it wasn't. Had a couple of horrendous years under him i will admit but it wasn't dire on the whole. It was absolutely dire before him, truly abysmal, but not whilst he was here when you look upon the years on a whole.

I love how some Evertonians forget what it was like being a blue for long periods in the 90's. That was dire mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.