Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u translated it was his worse moments. A decent squad needs competition, and when we go for players, ppl moan. I am only worried about Baines leaving, but as the old saying goes in MOYES we trust

The video shows him being terrible at left back and then playing well as a winger. He does look absolutely shocking as a left back to be honest...

Oviedo is an attacking left back but can defend well if needed. FC Copenhagen is a very dominant possession team in the danish league , so Oviedo is often used in an attacking role . But against quality european sides he's shown good defending skills as well.

But the main reason i'm confident about this signing is that Moyes has done his homework on this kid . Everton have had Bryan Oviedo watched at least 5 or 6 times the last year , so Moyes knows Oviedo's qualities and potential very well .

Oviedo is an attacking left back but can defend well if needed. FC Copenhagen is a very dominant possession team in the danish league , so Oviedo is often used in an attacking role . But against quality european sides he's shown good defending skills as well.

But the main reason i'm confident about this signing is that Moyes has done his homework on this kid . Everton have had Bryan Oviedo watched at least 5 or 6 times the last year , so Moyes knows Oviedo's qualities and potential very well .

You've done some great posts about this lad, I'm convinced about him now. Really hope he can become another top signing from Moyes.

For £1.6m i would be very happy, adds so much needed depth to our left hand side and leaves us with over £5m in the kitty.

In Moyes i don't trust, after watching that video. Hope he knows more about him than those highlights...

I would have expected us to have tested this in advance. He won't get an automatic permit as he's only been a regular for Costa Rica for 18months and they are lowly in the beloved FIFA rankings. He "should" on appeal given age, fee, Champions League experience and interest from other clubs but...there IS a risk if we haven't done our prep/homework. Think the delay in any public pronouncements is this not any issue agreeing a fee with FCK.

Drama queens? You've obviously never met me. Just had a look at a couple of your posts. You seem to have a problem with Evertonians from another forum posting on this forum. Do you have some pull on here or are you just full of your own importance?
All the same, these forumslol
Hello Steve,and welcome to GOT.
Lids this guy is certainly one of kippers most erudite posters,having the ability to debate in a balanced and reasoned manner.

I'm a bit worried about the work permit, we have had issues before with this, players like Ever Banega and Victor Obinna spring to mind. We even had problems getting a work permit for Yakubu and he was already playing in the UK at the time. :blink:

We've needed this area covering for ages. About time we ditched the idea of shuffling Distin over to LB and wrecking the shape of the defence. Should have been addressed as a matter of urgency before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.