Homepage Update: Boro want permanent Besic move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't hide, gets stuck in, is vocal when played, can pass a ball, always looking for the ball to get us pushing forward when he's played, EVERYTHING we've lacked this season.

Agree with most of that, not sure about 'can pass a ball' as it's been ages since Ive seen him play. Real shame he's always injured and not really of the technical quality we need to move forward.

Wish him all the luck in world but still think he will be injured before the end of the season

Can’t we keep him? Under the right manager he’d be a better option than Schneiderlin and I think he has more to his game than Gueye. He’s shown he has the talent for the highest level. Why are we dispensing with him?

Yeah this is my gut feeling about Mo, too (McCarthy ditto).

The only niggling doubt is the injury track record of both. Overall they've probably been an expensive gamble to date that has rarely paid off. I do like em both and cheerfully see both (when fit) ahead of MS.

But those injuries, costs, age and time it would take to play into form would make me prioritise offloading all three make an opportunity for a similar player (ability + engine) with better consistency.

I think Davies and Gana have earned a place in the match squad, and would benefit from a ball-winner who can contest and win aerial balls for these to press and play a bit.

Maybe the likes of Livermore etc who must surely be available in the summer... Both Mo and James offer more on the ball admittedly but I just don't see them being available.

Frustrating but overall move on from all three and credit to Mo and James.

What we should have done is sell McCarthy in January after finally getting him fit...

Sadly, the same goes for Besic...

We cant afford to keep players who are frequently injured.

Even 5mil for each of them would have added 10mil and 2 salaries to the summer transfer kitty...

£10million these days gets you Klaassens right leg.

Besic's injury record is overstated, other than the cruciate he's missed around 100 days in his entire career. With a contract that expires in 2021 anything less than £18m shouldn't even be considered.

On the other hand I'd literally let McCarthy go on a free.

£10million these days gets you Klaassens right leg.

Besic's injury record is overstated, other than the cruciate he's missed around 100 days in his entire career. With a contract that expires in 2021 anything less than £18m shouldn't even be considered.

On the other hand I'd literally let McCarthy go on a free.

Yeah he has been unlucky with injuries more than actually being injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.