Homepage Update: Boro want permanent Besic move

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Mo's attitude on the pitch. And beyond the remnants of Moyes' squad in Coleman, he has both ability, toughness and a work ethic that Martinez, conman, Unsy and Alladyce have failed to maintain.

His injury track record is awful. That's bad luck, but also temperament in a couple of instances tearing into tackles.

Reluctantly, I'd wish a lad with his heart in the right place all the best.

giphy.gif

What we should have done is sell McCarthy in January after finally getting him fit...

Sadly, the same goes for Besic...

We cant afford to keep players who are frequently injured.

Even 5mil for each of them would have added 10mil and 2 salaries to the summer transfer kitty...

Probably a decent deal for all parties ultimately, never pushed in here and likely never will, so get as big s fee as we can and let him go play for top championship side

Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Boro want permanent Besic move
besic-1024x442.jpg

Middlesbrough are eyeing a deal that would take midfielder Muhamed Besic to the Riverside on a full time basis.

The Bosnian enforcer signed for the North East outfit in January on a loan that is set to last until the end of the campaign, but Tony Pulis wants the Besic beyond the original agreement.

The 25-year-old has found first team opportunities limited at Everton since his major cruciate injury back in the summer of 2016, managing eight Everton outings since his return.

But in just six appearances for Boro he has became a fan-favourite and a key cog in their engine room.

Besic is contracted to Everton until the summer of 2021 and any fee would need to be north of the £4.5 million the Blues paid Ferencváros in 2014.
Deal

Can’t we keep him? Under the right manager he’d be a better option than Schneiderlin and I think he has more to his game than Gueye. He’s shown he has the talent for the highest level. Why are we dispensing with him?

Think it's just because his injury record means he is forever on the treatment table. He has barely been fit since he was here therefore never seen the best of him.

Not good enough for this club. Think he is Premier League Standard but at a side with ambitions to be somewhere between say 12th and 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.