Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna read the story because the Echo has a terrible unoptimised ad plagued clickbaity website so I'm essentially swinging in the dark here.

Giving players stick during the 90 minutes is fine. That's the nature of the game as is the applause and adulation. Players give opposition players and the referee constant abuse both vocally and physically so it'd be hypocritical to moan about vocal stick (within reason) from the crowd. Especially Bilic who was as snide as they come.

Surrounding cars, making threats and abuse outside the ground or online is way out of order.

It's not like the old days.

It's impossible to relate to footballers who can be made for life on a single contract, sometimes on the basis of little that's tangible.

People pay good money. I'm not saying that gives them carte blanche to do or say anything, and there are clear lines that should not be crossed. But most of the "criticism" is fair game, and especially so for perceived lack of effort or application.

Fans can take lack of ability. Most won't accept lack of effort.

It's not like the old days.

It's impossible to relate to footballers who can be made for life on a single contract, sometimes on the basis of little that's tangible.

People pay good money. I'm not saying that gives them carte blanche to do or say anything, and there are clear lines that should not be crossed. But most of the "criticism" is fair game, and especially so for perceived lack of effort or application.

Money is nothing to go with it, that’s part of it. Mental stress does not get paid off

You’re paying to watch football not abuse the players.

Precisely.

Money is nothing to go with it, that’s part of it. Mental stress does not get paid off

You’re paying to watch football not abuse the players.
As I said, there are lines that cannot be crossed. Incidents can be and are reported, and action taken. Whether it's at the game or online, people can be made accountable and rightly so.

That relates to a very small minority of fans. But there is a wider picture. It's football, sport, emotions run high. Professional footballers play to an audience, they have to be and mostly are, capable of dealing with the things that come their way. It's passionate, intense.

Well , we could always sit there politely applauding good play from whichever side plays it.
But it’s football and it’s always been a raucous highly emotive environment, that’s one of its attractions, you can’t have the ying without the yang.
Spot on mate, these same people would also be bleating like lambs if we didn’t scream our heads off when they scored. These players have to understand one simple fact, if they work their nuts off, the crowd stay off their backs for the most part, as illustrated by the attitude towards Iwobi when he actually decided to put a shift in. He will now be sobbing that the crowd are giving him jip again, but that is because he stopped working hard.

I pay out a substantial amount of my cash to watch these fellers demonstrate week in, week out that they couldn’t give a sh**! If a garage mechanic was as disinterested in keeping my car running, he would get a bollocking off em, why should players be exempt?

I mean obvious is obvious, they're human beings and people delude themselves that they don't know what fans are saying, they do, they have family and friends who read stuff and pass it on. Money shouldn't really come into it when abuse is involved.

He got dogs abuse
He really didn’t .
He only got groans and shouts of frustration because he continually failed to spot the correct pass , ran into dead ends.
With Barkley was largely the belief that he could be a better player if he applied himself.
Without people believing he could be a far better player than he showed the frustrated shouts wouldn’t have been an issue.
As it turned it he lacked the temperament to fulfil his potential and ended up being a bit crap.

Well , we could always sit there politely applauding good play from whichever side plays it.
But it’s football and it’s always been a raucous highly emotive environment, that’s one of its attractions, you can’t have the ying without the Yang.
*Yin
However, I'm always up for more Ying Tong.

Status
Not open for further replies.