Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is somewhere in between. We have a significant % of very entitled, hysterical fans online and on social media and some of them thrive off negativity.

Some players are given a harder time than others, but it's rare.

I'd say that the players in our squad need to take a look at themselves and take responsibility for a distinct lack of effort in far too many games, to go along with their underperforming at their job

A lot of the time, the backlash they receive is justified but some would rather not take responsibility and make excuses for the players pathetic performances.

Mate, we’ve added social media to the fray! Players now get their cowardly abuse where ever they go. It also creates many false narratives (as constantly seen here) which perpetuates in to “fact”

It’s very unhealthy and will never make a player better .

Great posts. Alas the idiots will never get it.

Couldn't agree more, the only people in life I would happily punch are fans shouting abuse, I've seen Mothers/WAG's leaving the stand in tears because of the abuse their son's getting on the pitch.

Spot on mate, these same people would also be bleating like lambs if we didn’t scream our heads off when they scored. These players have to understand one simple fact, if they work their nuts off, the crowd stay off their backs for the most part, as illustrated by the attitude towards Iwobi when he actually decided to put a shift in. He will now be sobbing that the crowd are giving him jip again, but that is because he stopped working hard.

I pay out a substantial amount of my cash to watch these fellers demonstrate week in, week out that they couldn’t give a sh**! If a garage mechanic was as disinterested in keeping my car running, he would get a bollocking off em, why should players be exempt?
Cool
Carry, dont be surprised when more if our players get worse as a result though

I don’t think fans should be going after players outside the ground or on social media

Booing bad play whilst in the stadium is as old as time and often it’s a heat of the moment thing that players have to deal with

Like it or not, it comes with the job

People are paying a lot of money and taking time away from their own personal lives to come and watch you play football. I think they should be allowed to be disgruntled if you’re not playing well or not putting the effort in

Outside of work hours, they should leave you alone, but when you’re on the pitch then it’s part of the job provided it’s not racist or overly personal

If you can’t take getting booed when you’re playing badly then this isn’t the job for you. Go work in an office and fill in speadsheets for £20,000 a year instead

…I really don’t get it that football fans should suppress their views if they don’t rate a player. It’s football.
There's a spectrum of responses they can give and a lot of Evertonians, particularly on this forum, opt for posting daily bile and reaffirming their hatred by reading similar posts from other unreasonable bods on here. They work themselves up into a frenzy with their hatred of players. It's embarrassing.

Abuse and criticism is dished out to people in life, whether they are footballers, participants in other sports or life in general. It's not just something that occurs at L4 4EL. In contrast, footballers who show commitment and play well receive tremendous backing from the crowd. It's hardly a startling revelation about the affect on players. However, the opportunity is there for the 'victims' to respond and prove their worth and ability. Sadly, there will be cases where individuals can't deal, or find it hard to deal, with 'critical' pressure and it will affect their mental health. The mainstream media, TV, radio and newspapers have always made a rich contribution to giving footballers a hard time, now it is exacerbated and magnified by the use of social media by the masses.

I don’t think fans should be going after players outside the ground or on social media

Booing bad play whilst in the stadium is as old as time and often it’s a heat of the moment thing that players have to deal with

Like it or not, it comes with the job

People are paying a lot of money and taking time away from their own personal lives to come and watch you play football. I think they should be allowed to be disgruntled if you’re not playing well or not putting the effort in

Outside of work hours, they should leave you alone, but when you’re on the pitch then it’s part of the job provided it’s not racist or overly personal

If you can’t take getting booed when you’re playing badly then this isn’t the job for you. Go work in an office and fill in speadsheets for £20,000 a year instead
Have you ever been bood by tens of thousand of people? I doubt it’s that easy to shrug off tbh. Add to that the fact that you’re playing for a poor manager in a poor team.

I often wonder how you’d feel if it was your son, would you still accept it?

There's a spectrum of responses they can give and a lot of Evertonians, particularly on this forum, opt for posting daily bile and reaffirming their hatred by reading similar posts from other unreasonable bods on here. They work themselves up into a frenzy with their hatred of players. It's embarrassing.
Post of the year!
What starts as unfounded rumour becomes angry fact and perpetuates the toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.