Biggest let down in recent times

Which of the following 3 scenarios have you been most disappointed with?

• The season after qualifying for the Champions League

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • The season after finishing 5th (Martinez's second season)

Votes: 70 38.5%
  • This season

Votes: 64 35.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, all of Martinez seasons were the most exciting of all Everton seasons I've been a part of - barring the FA Cup final season with Moyes.

We actually did bits.

Exciting in what way?

I found the football boring, slow and predictable in his second and third season. There was a spell in the early part of the 15-16 season where we did alright. Barkley did well, Deulofeu was providing assists all the time for Lukaku, and we dished out some hammerings to Villa and Sunderland. But they were poor sides and that was the main reason, and for me the wheels came off completely in that 3-3 at Bournemouth. Even in that Sunderland game, I seem to remember us going 2-0 up, and then giving away some poor goals for them to get back to 2-2.

Obviously his first season was excellent and one of the most enjoyable in the Premier League era for the supporters.

The semi versus the banjo pluckers. Sometimes your heart sinks so low with Everton.
Consistently not maintaining momentum when opportunities are there, the self inflicted glass ceiling.....

My proposal is out there for all the Robles haters feel confident no pm this season over the clean sheet issue and our useless manager if that changes probably will get bombarded with them when it happens - which will be good news if we keep ten clean sheets in a third of a season;)

I just don’t know why you’re bringing the Prime Minister into this Joey I really don’t.

Remember coming home from a match in Martinez's second season really excited at seeing a spine of Stones, Barkley, and Lukaku on the park. All U23 and all looked like they could become genuine world class players - they could absolutely dominate their position for the next ten years, and I doubt I've seen a higher quality CH-CM-CF trio at Everton.

The match was a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace at home like, so probably that was a clue that I needed to rein the optimism in a bit...

Selling Lukaku to man Utd and getting Rooney in return., Makes me feel sick when I think about it. that's as far back as the millennium there may be worse before that.
It's like trading in a Bugatti Veron for a rusty old VW Beetle with skid marks on the passenger seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.