Biggest let down in recent times

Which of the following 3 scenarios have you been most disappointed with?

• The season after qualifying for the Champions League

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • The season after finishing 5th (Martinez's second season)

Votes: 70 38.5%
  • This season

Votes: 64 35.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
both Martinez and Koeman have been significantly worse then Moyes ever was only and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

The 2003/04 season wasn't good and probably at least on par with what Martinez served up. Koeman may turn this around yet and we finish in a respectable position and who knows may even do well in a cup. Bit early to write it off however bleak it looks at the moment, granted it does look like we will need a very good Jan transfer window to do the above.

The 2003/04 season wasn't good and probably at least on par with what Martinez served up. Koeman may turn this around yet and we finish in a respectable position and who knows may even do well in a cup. Bit early to write it off however bleak it looks at the moment, granted it does look like we will need a very good Jan transfer window to do the above.
03-04 was more justified then both 14-15 and 15-16 imo as Moyes didn't have a pot to piss in at the time. I dont think we'll be in a relegation scrap this season or anything and im sure we'll get better as the season progresses hopefully with a better strikeforce from Jan onwards but it'll just mean yet another mid-table finish. I don't see us having any success in the cups as we won't win at Chelsea in the league cup and we've been shocking thus far in the Europa so I'm not optimistic. It's all just very bleak right now mate.

Biggest most deflated times in recent memory
Losing 0-3 Wigan FA 1/4
Losing 1-2 Liverpool (a poor RS) FA Semi

Can I add the Fiorentina Away and Semi v United in 2015. For me those 2 trophies were more obtainable than having to face City and Chelsea in the finals.

That European competition was very winnable and Moyes went to Italy with no game plan. That was one of his worst games in charge for us considering what he had at his disposal and the value of an away goal.

I haven't posted here yet, because after about 65 years supporting this club I wouldn't know where to start.

Losing the 1968 Cup Final hurt - losing the 1969 semi-final - losing 3-2 at the pit after leading 2-0 deep into the
2nd half in 1970, losing the semi-final in 1971 after leading at half time, Aston Villa in the 1977 League Cup, Fiorentina
at Goodison - argh, that's enough. I've got plenty more, but we've got a match in a few hours to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.