Big Dunc testimonial - EFC vs Villareal at Goodison, Sun Aug 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
His goals also kept us up in 97/98, lest we forget.
Madar's January signing was the key moment. He chipped in with 6 goals that earned us important points in end of season games. Ferguson - the captain - got himself suspended for three games in the thick of the battle.

All told, DF has a pitiful record at Everton for a "legend"....how on earth he got that status says more about how low we've sunk since the 80s.

Madar's January signing was the key moment. He chipped in with 6 goals that earned us important points in end of season games. Ferguson - the captain - got himself suspended for three games in the thick of the battle.

All told, DF has a pitiful record at Everton for a "legend"....how on earth he got that status says more about how low we've sunk since the 80s.

Oh, be nice David

It's really not that unusual for someone to get a testimonial years after they retired. It's happened numerous times over the past years with us.

Some times testimonials can't happen straight away due to the acrimonious nature of their departure. It's honouring someone who deserves it and all the money will go to charity.

Imagine being so bitter that you denigrate a beloved club legend's effort. Some people sadden me.

Let's hope Villarreal treat it as a friendly this time instead of a chance to kick us off the pitch (remember the bad tackles in the last pre-season game between us?).

It's really not that unusual for someone to get a testimonial years after they retired. It's happened numerous times over the past years with us.

Some times testimonials can't happen straight away due to the acrimonious nature of their departure. It's honouring someone who deserves it and all the money will go to charity.

Imagine being so bitter that you denigrate a beloved club legend's effort. Some people sadden me.

Let's not get into that. It's embarrassing.

The feller was a fist pumping lampost. Let's not dumb down the Everton legendary status to include a clodhopper like him.

That's pretty funny, because from January onwards both Ferguson and Madar scored 6 goals each.

Ferguson finished the season as club top scorer to too.

Just said similar on Twitter and got jumped on. Thought he was a very underrated footballer and brilliant at times but disappeared far too often for me to be considered a legend/worthy of a testimonial.

I loved Madar like I loved Stracqualursi, so much so that I've edited his goalscoring record on wiki for us to reflect this. I hope future Evertonians come across the stats and see him as the legend I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.