2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if you’re going to be pedantic mate, then yeah. But signed him from Lower league, played two league games in 2.5 years.

So they developed him into a player, but they have.

So yeah, that’s a bit more to say than youth system.

It's like us taking credit for Branthwaite

We have had a player with the surname Godfrey: Brian, only played one game for the Blues v Fulham 1960, he then went o to play over 600 games n the lower league, including Aston Villa, he captained them v Spurs in a league cup final, got a few Welsh caps and became a decent manager with a few caps. He’s not to be confused with Ben Godfrey in any shape or form.

Just noticed I confused Lewis Gibson with Ben Gibson, for some weird reason.

IMO this is us trying to force Chelsea into a decision. Do they loan Tomori out for a year and let him play week in out-which I think he does- or does he play sparsely for them. Ideally, I'd have Tomori on loan over the Godfrey permanent buy.

Sounds like bollix though, we'll withdraw the bid if tomori is available on loan apparently! Lol

That doesn't mean it's necessarily not true.

Could easily have made the enquiry and held discussions.

Maybe it's money they'd rather allocate elsewhere (RW) but if push comes to shove CB is the priority?

That doesn't mean it's necessarily not true.

Could easily have made the enquiry and held discussions.

Maybe it's money they'd rather allocate elsewhere (RW) but if push comes to shove CB is the priority?

So we send the bid to Norwich but tell them they can only accept it after 5th October! Okay

I do like that they are at least looking at a versatile player rather than a simple stopgap dweeb. If Gbamin comes back any bit of the athlete he was, we could have two very solid players to rotate into the middle plus cover for CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.