2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we paid £6-8mil for the one season Zouma loan.

Perhaps our offer is £5mil loan fee with a £20mil option to buy next summer.

If he does well then we buy him, if we dont want to sign him then the exposure would lead to other bids.

All depends on how confident Norwich are of finding a permanent buyer and how badly they want the cash.

Id actually try for Aarons + Godfrey on loan with buy options + give them kenny for a season.

Edit: Jazzy they pushed both full backs up but didnt use a defensive midfielder to cover.

So Godfrey + 1 were defending counter attacks.

I think if we were to do it without an “obligation”, it would drive up the loan price. Still same overall cost, but more upfront.
What happens if he is a total bust? They’d potentially lose the £25m they would have got with a permanent.

It was a very young defence as well wasn't it. All of the 22 and under (that have got the moves) and the 4th defender they used ws often rubbish. Not a lot of protection in front either with Buendia/Cantwell etc.

Liverpool were looking closrly at him too, so there may be some data set he is showing up well on.

I was impressed with him at Anfield last season, but wonder about his size and thought may have made a better midfielder.

Collectively, Norwich should pay them selves on the back, as they’ve done an excellent job at bringing through talent.

Cantwell, Aaron’s, Godfrey, Lewis, and Idah are all products from their youth system and they’re all mainstays or got moves away.

Huge accomplishment for them.

Ultimately their expansive play killed them last year, but they really impressed me in the Championship the year before. Any of those players can make the step up to A much bigger side.

Ross, the two of us need look no more
You've been binned to Villa because you're poor
Your brain is the size of a grape, you 'kin brainless ape
Go and get f***** Ross
Change grape to gnat and ape to tw*t to avoid Kelvin Mackenzie-isms and I'm in.

I think if we were to do it without an “obligation”, it would drive up the loan price. Still same overall cost, but more upfront.
What happens if he is a total bust? They’d potentially lose the £25m they would have got with a permanent.

Collectively, Norwich should pay them selves on the back, as they’ve done an excellent job at bringing through talent.

Cantwell, Aaron’s, Godfrey, Lewis, and Idah are all products from their youth system and they’re all mainstays or got moves away.

Huge accomplishment for them.

Ultimately their expansive play killed them last year, but they really impressed me in the Championship the year before. Any of those players can make the step up to A much bigger side.

Godfrey isn't a product of their youth system

Change grape to gnat and ape to tw*t to avoid Kelvin Mackenzie-isms and I'm in.
Mate, avoiding the swear filter is naughty and frowned upon

I can pass this valuable knowledge on for free.
Any more tips and the price is negotiable

Godfrey isn't a product of their youth system

I mean if you’re going to be pedantic mate, then yeah. But signed him from Lower league, played two league games in 2.5 years.

So they developed him into a player, but they have.

So yeah, that’s a bit more to say than youth system.

Was gonna say not in my lifetime/memory, but then remembered Gibson.
We have had a player with the surname Godfrey: Brian, only played one game for the Blues v Fulham 1960, he then went o to play over 600 games n the lower league, including Aston Villa, he captained them v Spurs in a league cup final, got a few Welsh caps and became a decent manager with a few caps. He’s not to be confused with Ben Godfrey in any shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.