2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max Aarrons is the next big thing ( according to some/one on here ) , Lewis went to Newcastle for £15 million and Ben is apparently worth £25 million.

Can someone explain to me how Norwich had by some margin the worst defence in the Premier league last season
Their team defence was a horror show. Our two center backs aren't up to much but we don't really concede chances. That's cause we have a coach who know wht he's doing at the helm. Had we had silva with these two we'd have conceded 10 already.

Was it The Athletic or Sky Sports that first ran this? Assuming the latter then I would discount straight away but if it was the former I am not so sure. I don't know what's behind the paywall but I do get a lot of sponsored ads trying to entice me to subscribe because they claim to have info from a mole in the Everton camp, so there could be something to it..

Max Aarrons is the next big thing ( according to some/one on here ) , Lewis went to Newcastle for £15 million and Ben is apparently worth £25 million.

Can someone explain to me how Norwich had by some margin the worst defence in the Premier league last season

I can indeed.

Basically Farke refused to change his footballing style. Went attacking and expansive, and whilst you can get away with that in the second tier, it’s harder in the Premier League.

Still think you could pluck the defenders out and they’d do a very capable job at any premier league team, but together they don’t really work cause of the system.

Was it The Athletic or Sky Sports that first ran this? Assuming the latter then I would discount straight away but if it was the former I am not so sure. I don't know what's behind the paywall but I do get a lot of sponsored ads trying to entice me to subscribe because they claim to have info from a mole in the Everton camp, so there could be something to it..

I haven't seen an article myself but The Athletic do some fantastic write-ups

David Ornstein mentioned it I think, so it probably was the Athletic

I can indeed.

Basically Farke refused to change his footballing style. Went attacking and expansive, and whilst you can get away with that in the second tier, it’s harder in the Premier League.

Still think you could pluck the defenders out and they’d do a very capable job at any premier league team, but together they don’t really work cause of the system.

It was a very young defence as well wasn't it. All of the 22 and under (that have got the moves) and the 4th defender they used ws often rubbish. Not a lot of protection in front either with Buendia/Cantwell etc.

Liverpool were looking closrly at him too, so there may be some data set he is showing up well on.

I was impressed with him at Anfield last season, but wonder about his size and thought may have made a better midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.