Ben Foster on Everton fan negativity influencing opposition tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic response from him saying that how can we not get angry. The rubbish we have been put through by this team easy option blame fans for getting angry. Yea can get beat but atleadt give all you can on the pitch can the players say they have done that

The fans have been watching the club lurch from one expensive mistake to another for six or seven years, to the point where we're now on the cusp of a genuine relegation battle. As a result, we don't trust the owner or the board, nor do we have any belief in the players.

It probably does show in the atmosphere, but that would be the case anywhere.

He's absolutely nailed it, the most toxic fan base in the country, the players are terrified of playing or trying to play, "geteffinridofitlad" is the usual starting point after 5 minutes, Goodison only gets going if the team are [Poor language removed] or the ref is [Poor language removed], any opposition managers team talk has to be "keep the ball early on, this lot will turn on the team and we win", I can think of many teams who have not won at Goodson over the last 10 years, regardless of ability. Everton fans are like Mason Holgate....not as good as we think we are, still........... bring a flag tomorrow,

points @ Davo and ?

Everton fans be like
FB_IMG_1644154085254.jpg

The secret is finally out. The rest of the league have known it for years, as have the level headed blues.

Will the boo boys finally change their ways? Of course not. Everton is purely a vehicle for them to express their rage at. A good opportunity to get all that stress out after a long hard week.

I think we are caught in a vicious circle. If we could manage a period of relative success (or at least competitiveness near the top end of the league/cup latter stages/finals) I think the fans would learn again a patience when things are not going well.

However for a long time (and you could argue all the way back to the 80s) we seem to yo-yo like crazy not just under different managers but during the course of one season or from one game to the next. I don’t think as a fan you can trust the club to do things right and continue to do so consistently. It’s like another fiasco is always around the corner and you feel like “oh no more of the same, I’m sick of it” . And you feel that whether it’s off the field with a manager sacking/recruitment or during a game. So given the overall state of the club, you are 5 minutes into a game you paid to go to and Michael Keane slices a clearance or passes back to Pickford under no pressure and lots of fans start to moan and groan. That all escalates from there depending on the course of the game.

I’ve a huge amount of patience as a fan, and have always said negative behavior during the 90 mins completely defeats the purpose of what you want to get out of that game, but again given the context of the clubs recent history I can’t really blame other fans for not having much patience anymore.

On the field we need some luck to break the cycle right now in this moment I think, and beyond that it’s the recruitment from the summer on that will dictate whether Goodson has a happy noisy last couple of seasons. I think the relationship with a large part of the regular starters is broken, and it would help matters if they weren’t around anymore or at least rarely seen. A team without Keane, Coleman, Holgate and Gomes right now would likely be given more leeway to make mistakes if they were seen to be trying. Watching some of the same players fail over and over or show mental weakness is extremely depressing and I haven’t shelled out a load of money to go see them live so can only imagine the sinking feeling when a game turns and they are flapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.