How Benitez could work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccole

Player Valuation: £35m
If Rafael Benitez is announced as Everton manager soon rightly or wrongly as supporters we will get behind Everton.

I am not a fan of Benitez on a personal level but I feel my view is shared with a large percentage of our fans but I believe he will want to WIN games and be successful because he is professional. So let's get on with it.

So record straight, how could this appointment benefit us.

Tactics

In terms of tactical preparation, we have to swallow some pride and admit, Benitez has got a better track record than the majority of our managers over the last 10 years.

I think in terms of football style, I think we have to brace ourselves for similar style as Carlo because of the quality of the squad.

I think Benitez will make us a more defensive impact especially if we can get a right back who will balance our defensive line.

He will play a 4-2-3-1 or 5-4-1 just like Carlo so aren't chopping and changing our style which is plus as I doubt we will ripping apart our squad like we all want to so like his work at Newcastle, I think he will be prepared to work with the majority of this squad.

Man Management

I think his managerial man management is closer to Moyes who will pick players who work for him rather than picking a player who is fancier. I think for some in our squad have been given the carrot FAR too much so I think this could be a huge surprise for them but we could see some our "squad" players could find themselves actually becoming an asset.

It's time this squad needs to be adult and actually address that these players are not responsible or working harder that other lesser so players at rival and lower clubs.

I think Benitez will work best with a small squad and his style will filter out they mollycoddle environment we have.

Transfers

This is a concern for me because I don't think highly of his past signing but he has shown some very good glimpse:
Alonso, Koulibaly, Jorginho.

I hope Brands had already lined up his targets and spoke to Benitez regarding his plans because we have gaping holes at right back, centre midfield and winger/forward options.

We need add quickly and efficiently this summer but also find the balance with finances with players such as Kean, Bernard etc who had questions marks over their future.

I am not even thinking about players leaving who we like so if a huge bid comes in, it will be interesting to see what the board do.

We also will see how much this board will back him and I think he will be given funds but not the millions we crave.

The Impact

We are hitting the nuclear button on Everton with this appointment.

His first 6 games are a strong start to build on especially with fans hopefully being back at Goodison.

It will be substance over style football but ultimately I think we will all except wins over good football. Ideally we want both but we had Carlo Ancelotti and James then finished 10th.

I think it is a practical and sensitive appointment for a manager who has experience in the league and worked with a smallish budget at Newcastle.

His impact will be toxic from the start, he will have no bedding in period and if the results don't match Carlo's impact, he will soon know it.

Final Point

I think this is a turning point for the club. At board level, I believe they have taken their biggest risk against the fanbase above Allardyce. Carlo appointment was excellent but he stabbed us in the back and as a fan this appointment rubs salt into us.

I want Everton to win, I care about my club and I think this will most likely turn sour but I don't want it too because this means Everton fail.

Let's hope this works out and we can make peace over previous Benitez past comments, get some early signings who work out wonderfully and win something.

I hope

If Rafael Benitez is announced as Everton manager soon rightly or wrongly as supporters we will get behind Everton.

I am not a fan of Benitez on a personal level but I feel my view is shared with a large percentage of our fans but I believe he will want to WIN games and be successful because he is professional. So let's get on with it.

Tactics

In terms of tactical preparation, we have to swallow some pride and admit, Benitez has got a better track record than the majority of our managers over the last 10 years.

I think in terms of football style, I think we have to brace ourselves for similar style as Carlo because of the quality of the squad.

I think Benitez will make us a more defensive impact especially if we can get a right back who will balance our defensive line.

He will play a 4-2-3-1 or 5-4-1 just like Carlo so aren't chopping and changing our style which is plus as I doubt we will ripping apart our squad like we all want to so like his work at Newcastle, I think he will be prepared to work with the majority of this squad.

Man Management

I think his managerial man management is closer to Moyes who will pick players who work for him rather than picking a player who is fancier. I think for some in our squad have been given the carrot FAR too much so I think this could be a huge surprise for them but we could see some our "squad" players could find themselves actually becoming an asset.

It's time this squad needs to be adult and actually address that these players are not responsible or working harder that other lesser so players at rival and lower clubs.

I think Benitez will work best with a small squad and his style will filter out they mollycoddle environment we have.

Transfers

This is a concern for me because I don't think highly of his past signing but he has shown some very good glimpse:

I hope Brands had already lined up his targets and spoke to Benitez regarding his plans because we have gaping holes at right back, centre midfield and winger/forward options.

We need add quickly and efficiently this summer but also find the balance with finances with players such as Kean, Bernard etc who had questions marks over their future.

I am not even thinking about players leaving who we like so if a huge bid comes in, it will be interesting to see what the board do.

We also will see how much this board will back him and I think he will be given funds but not the millions we crave.

The Impact

His first 6 games are a strong start to build on especially with fans hopefully being back at Goodison.

It will be substance over style football but ultimately I think we will all except wins over good football. Ideally we want both but we had Carlo Ancelotti and James then finished 10th.

I think it is a practical and sensitive appointment for a manager who has experience in the league and worked with a smallish budget at Newcastle.

His impact will be toxic from the start, he will have no bedding in period and if the results don't match Carlo's impact, he will soon know it.

Final Point

I think this is a turning point for the club. At board level, I believe they have taken their biggest risk against the fanbase above Allardyce. Carlo appointment was excellent but he stabbed us in the back and as a fan this appointment rubs salt into us.

I want Everton to win, I care about my club and I think this will most likely turn sour but I don't want it too because this means Everton fail.

Let's hope this works out and we can make peace over previous Benitez past comments, get some early signings who work out wonderfully and win something.

I hope

I looked for the acrostic message saying BENITEZ IS A FAT GOBLIN but alas it wasnt there

Christ I'm trying to be a bit positive.

PSX_20210626_221938.jpg

Tactics

Man Management

Transfers

The Impact

Final Point

I hope

Good Post mate. Sensible take on what is likely the reality of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.