Beckford to Leicester? Yakubu to Forest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll be £3m up-front, with the same add-on's/clauses as the initial bid taking it to £5m, Sven/Leicester have had our pants down on this one, as soon as a club finds out the 'would-accept' price then that's all your getting, they know Moyes can use £3m for a couple of Loan signings. Don't know who but probably not a Striker. Moyes loves Vic and will use him as Back-up to Saha.

I don't believe for one minute that Moyes rates him at 3 mil. If he does, he's stupid as we have nothing of what he provides and there is noone with those attributes available at that price. Anything under 5 mil after that first season is a joke. I'd take 3+2 for the Yak though, even though I wouldn't like it much.

Moyes isn't going to play a system that suits him and more than likely has his name in the naughty book for daring to step out of line.

Add that to Kenwrong begging Moyes to let him make a profit on Becks I can't see him staying if Leicester come back in for him.

Ignoring the fact it leaves in even more **** goals wise we could probably use the money to get another utility defender in.

Sell him! Sell them all! go down to the Championship, go into bankruptcy, default on fixtgures!!
'tries reverse psychology'

Hmmm. Victor Anichebe 7 goals (league) , Jermaine Beckford 8 goals (league ) ...... So yes he has beaten Victor ! Just saying like...

I was waiting for you to qualify it with league goals. "Beckford has already surpassed Victor's total number of goals for the Blues in his first season" doesn't say that. I'm not Vic's biggest fan myself, but we have to be factually accurate with our slating of him. Just saying like..

I was waiting for you to qualify it with league goals. "Beckford has already surpassed Victor's total number of goals for the Blues in his first season" doesn't say that. I'm not Vic's biggest fan myself, but we have to be factually accurate with our slating of him. Just saying like..

Victor Anichebe 118 games 12 goals - 0.1 goals a game, 1 goal every 10 games approx.

Jermaine Beckford 38 games 10 goals - 0.26 goals a game, 1 goal every 4 games approx.

Stuart Barlow 71 games 10 goals - 0.14 goals a game, 1 goal every 7 games approx.

Ibrahima Bakayoko 23 games 4 goals - 0.17 goals a game, 1 goal every 5 1/2 games approx.

Mo Johnston 34 games 10 goals - 0.29 goals a game, 1 goal every 3 1/2 games approx.

Anichebe is due to go down as our worst ever striker to play the equivalent of a full season or there abouts for Everton.

Even at £5m, letting Beckford go would be a mistake. Out and out, he is our best striker right now and it will be VERY hard to replace him with the money we've got before the end of the season.

I will be pretty upset if he's sold in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.