Arshavin Watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely out of our league, he's a top, top player.

I'm getting a bit fed up with these 'out our league' comments. There are too many half-empty glasses in here for my liking! :dodgy:

I still think the deal is done but, unlike Chelsea, we are doing the right thing in not announcing it until Russia no longer have any interest in the competition. Unfortunately for us I think that time won't come until after the final.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting a bit fed up with these 'out our league' comments. There are too many half-empty glasses in here for my liking! :dodgy:

I know but after Sweden and Holland I'll be surprised if Barca or Real Madrid aren't sniffing around him. I'd love him to come to Everton though.

Sorry Pete but I've got to agree. And not so much that he's "out of our league" but that he's in so many others. Milan, Madrid, Juventus, you name the club, he could play for 'em.

He turned in a solid performance tonight and the announcers on the American telecast couldn't stop raving about him.

I'd say he's as good as gone if we even had a chance at him but you never know.

And Bruce, I wholeheartedly agree with you on Zhirkov but my guess is that he's popped up on several other clubs' radar screen.

if we were going to make a deal we really should have done it before the euro's! he played at goodison in january so we knew what he was all about. the way he is in vogue now it would be a major coup for us to sign him.

One other thing.

If he ends up in England and doesn't come to us, please PLEASE let him go to one of the top three. If it turns out he is willing to play for a non-CL qualified team, and chooses Manchester City or Newcastle United over us because of the cash they can offer I'll be distraugt.

One other thing.

If he ends up in England and doesn't come to us, please PLEASE let him go to one of the top three. If it turns out he is willing to play for a non-CL qualified team, and chooses Manchester City or Newcastle United over us because of the cash they can offer I'll be distraugt.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

Man City and Newcastle aren't even in his league right now.

Not even close.

Agreed Degsy and welcome to GOT. ;)

(I agree with you too Teppic just didn't bother replying in the other thread.)

I f we'd already agreed a 10-12 million price tag for example, we could sell him for 25-30 million before he's kicked a ball for us.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.