Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sick of us tbh - knew we would slip up today.
You get your hopes up to much, its not like arsenal were bottom, we put in a very decent performance that deserved at worst a draw, some were acting as though we only had to turn up to win -[said draw myself]-that is so far from the Everton style of getting what we think we should get as 9 times from 10 in games we think we may win we never do

You get your hopes up to much, its not like arsenal were bottom, we put in a very decent performance that deserved at worst a draw, some were acting as though we only had to turn up to win -[said draw myself]-that is so far from the Everton style of getting what we think we should get as 9 times from 10 in games we think we may win we never do

The annoying thing is though mate is that clubs like Wolves, Burnley & Sheffield Utd can go to these grounds and easily get draws or even the odd win.

Why are we so freaking cowardly away from home?

The annoying thing is though mate is that clubs like Wolves, Burnley & Sheffield Utd can go to these grounds and easily get draws or even the odd win.

Why are we so freaking cowardly away from home?
as i said in the other thread we have not won 2 away league games since sep 2016-west brom and the Lukaku hattrick at sunderland,we on the rare time we win away follow it up with a lost after lost mostly or the odd draw,hopefully that changes from now with carlo

You get your hopes up to much, its not like arsenal were bottom, we put in a very decent performance that deserved at worst a draw, some were acting as though we only had to turn up to win-that is so far from the Everton style of getting what we think we should get as 9 times from 10 in games we think we may win we never do
We did play well. We progressed up the pitch well, not a lot of sideways nonsense, kept Ozil and Pepe quiet all match and definitely didn't deserve to lose. 2nd half we even dominated them for 15-20 mins, which not many can do away to Arsenal. Their first goal was a top quality cross which we can't really do much about, but the other 2 were fully of our own making which we were punished for because they have one of the best strikers in the world digging them out every game. In the end, it was purely down to them taking their chances and us not. But we did play pretty well for most of it and definitely deserved something.

I didn't like how we struggled to get the ball in their area outside of set pieces, but that's probably because of Gylfi being a huge waste of space. That improved with Bernard and Gomes though.

It was disappointing because we created good chances and lost via a lack of concentration but this team certainly hasn't gone backward mate.
I think your right and wrong in some ways, we played very well and deserved a draw, but on the other hand there's only so many times you can be unlucky for it not to become cliche. The reality is if you want to challenge to top teams you need a top class striker who is going to punish teams, Chelsea really struggled when they lost Costa, Spurs struggle with Kane, City without Aguero. Until we develop the ruthlessness that teams like Liverpool, City, Chelsea even teams like Arsenal and United, we won't get anywhere.

Gomes has done one 90 minute training game mate, think it was a bit optimistic to think he would start. When he did come on his passing was beauty but clearly not match fit. We are short in options in cm and besides moving holgate into midfield and having Keane at the back against pace there isnt much else he could have done. I thought we largely handled their strikers well, just undone by quality balls into the box and rb falling asleep as we know he is prone to do.
I never expected Gomes to start, but i would rather Davies start than Snides and tbh Sigs is hopeless. We lost because we had a poor midfield. That needs to be sorted ASAP.

We will always struggle to win games with siggy and snide's in the starting 11..to slow and allow teams far to much space in the middle, and don't show enough when we have the ball..the last 20 mins showed the difference with the subs

did well today thought sidebe was shocking tho .but defo progress being made they were trying to run the clock down 30 minutes to go

Status
Not open for further replies.