Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what is going on with Sigurdsson but he is a shadow of the player he can be . I thought we ran out of ideas in the second half ,may be they went in thinking it must be their day to come out and concede straight away knocked the stuffing out of them. We will play a lot worse and win it is just a shame we seem to bottle it when we are faced with a big game .I am sure as others have stated Carlo will sort it out although I don't like this tippy-tappy at the back as it nearly cost us a few more today .

ran out of ideas second half? We should have scored 3 easy

Everton manager Carlo Ancelloti speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “There was a good performance in front. We were good coming from the back, we had some good chances. Defensively, we were terrible. We have improve. There were three goals we could have avoided. It was too easy for Arsenal to score three goals.

“We had a lot of opportunities at the end of the game to equalise and we did not get it. We are working, we believe in what we are doing. Today was a step down. We need to refocus. We need to re-balance. We did one part good but we did one part bad.”

On the early Arsenal goal in the second half: “At half-time we focused on the defensive and then after one minute the players did not listen to me. We then went on to try and attack.”

On Dominic Calvert-Lewin: "He is doing well but he is not enough. If he wants to be a top striker, he has to work more hard, focus hard, work more. He is doing well but he has to have the game to be focused all the time."

Everton manager Carlo Ancelloti speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “There was a good performance in front. We were good coming from the back, we had some good chances. Defensively, we were terrible. We have improve. There were three goals we could have avoided. It was too easy for Arsenal to score three goals.

“We had a lot of opportunities at the end of the game to equalise and we did not get it. We are working, we believe in what we are doing. Today was a step down. We need to refocus. We need to re-balance. We did one part good but we did one part bad.”

On the early Arsenal goal in the second half: “At half-time we focused on the defensive and then after one minute the players did not listen to me. We then went on to try and attack.”

On Dominic Calvert-Lewin: "He is doing well but he is not enough. If he wants to be a top striker, he has to work more hard, focus hard, work more. He is doing well but he has to have the game to be focused all the time."

100%
not disparaging but brutally honest. If DCL wants to take the next step and move up a level he should be listening to what was said and do it, we need him to. Glad carlo calls it as it is, the team was naive and technically poor defensively. Hopefully he can get us set up better for the next game and i pray we recruit better in the summer.

Thought for the most part we did OK today,created enough to have won it,siggy again poor and sidibe crucially got punished,didnt think they offered us much threat other than that,fantastic seeing gomes back,he looked great too like he's never been away,still a lot to do in the summer Carlo,but for now we look a whole lot better just need to concentrate individually and cut out the errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.