Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need several class players if we're going to progress next season.
I think if we get three quality players at CB, CM and RW things will look good next season. Probably need to look at RB too. In an ideal world I would love us to sign a top class striker but we won’t have the funds or European footy like as not.

I get what you are saying mate but lets be honest, regardless of any positives today we shouldn't be conceding 3 goals and losing to a team that are not better than us no matter whether it is home or away or whoever is in charge of us. The way we crumble at the first sign of pressure is shameful and that has been going on since before even Silva was in charge.

It has become embedded into the Everton mentality to feel inferior and fearful of any of the so called bigger teams before the game even starts. I cannot even remember the last time we won away against Arsenal it is that long ago. We have never beaten them at the emirates anyway which is another shameful reality. We are absolutely full to the brim of shameful traits.

I am optimistic for the future as we have got a boss Manager now but it is going to take time and he is going to have to do a huge rebuild starting in the summer and change not only most of the squad but the whole clubs mentality too.

Agree with most but today’s a bad example of it as we didn’t collapse. I thought we may have 3-2, but the opposite.

You’re right though, can’t concede three avoidable goals and expect to win.

I have, for the first time in a long time with Everton, faith that our manager can change mentalities.

You get your hopes up to much, its not like arsenal were bottom, we put in a very decent performance that deserved at worst a draw, some were acting as though we only had to turn up to win -[said draw myself]-that is so far from the Everton style of getting what we think we should get as 9 times from 10 in games we think we may win we never do
Yeah - they were ignoring the often important fact that they have better players. I thought Ozil was very smart today - he was popping up all over the place.

Considering the Arsenal fans booed them off at half time, and the team were running down the clock from 60 minutes, I don't think much of the Arteta revolution.
With a little more luck and more steel in midfield, three points were ours for the taking today.
Gomes looks like he's not missed a game all season! Watch him go from now until May.

Considering the Arsenal fans booed them off at half time, and the team were running down the clock from 60 minutes, I don't think much of the Arteta revolution.
With a little more luck and more steel in midfield, three points were ours for the taking today.
Gomes looks like he's not missed a game all season! Watch him go from now until May.

They were rubbish just have a world class striker.

I never expected Gomes to start, but i would rather Davies start than Snides and tbh Sigs is hopeless. We lost because we had a poor midfield. That needs to be sorted ASAP.

I posted just before the game that I hated this midfield. The issue with managing Gomes' minutes today is understandable but I had no f'n clue why Bernard wasn't in the XI. The whole side looks better when he's playing well.

Somebody said we're still in with a chance of Europe, well whoop dee 'kin do - we're behind Burnley ffs and people still have half an eye on a CL place.
Normal service has been resumed.
Nothing will change until we get a proper mid field unit, be it of 3, 4 or 5.
Not a collection of individuals playing (poorly) in individually isolated positions.
We need to swerve that Thursday cup too...we'll be doing well to get in it anyway.
This isn't lack of ambition.
The players we have, especially in mid field aren't good enough. Siggi, Scheiderlin, Delph, will still be here next season and they won't have got any better.
Gbamin, who knows how good he would've been or will be when, if, he ever gets fit.
New manager bounce can only do so much.

Let's not lose sight of the mediocre nature of the squad, less than one player deep in some positions in terms of genuine quality.

Disappointing but not a lot to criticise as the team is full of midtable players. Summer important, forget Europe for next season as we don't deserve it given the first half of the season anyway.

Let's see what an ancelloti full season looks like, especially coming in mid season rather than in a summer where he can't plan the squad changes, pre-season etc.
Unless 5 or 6 go out and 3 or 4 come in nowt much will change

Defensive mistakes and not taking our chances still we deserved a point but didn't get one. Typical Everton but with Gomes back and Ancelotti we have to keep building.

The team hasn't changed at all. When Aubameyang plays well they win. Otherwise they draw or lose. All Arteta has done is slightly improve the backline and stop conceding bundles of shots every game.

They were there for the taking. Our arses go big time and we lose all composure.

Definitely some positives, just Siggurdson isn’t one of them.
The thing that P'd me off more than anything was his obviously negative attitude. Yes he was having a bad game, but he is a senior pro, our most expensive player, and he was acting like the world is against him, constanty shaking his head, defeatist body language etc.

The younger, less experienced lads were more determined and had much more of a 'never give up' attitude than him (especially Richrlason). Should be the other way round.

Time to get rid while we can still get 5 bob for him.

Ugh..just watched the highlights of the match, dont know why having watched the full thing at 3.30am. Defending was appalling for all of their goals, literally gifted them the 3 points with those stinkers. Can understand why Ancelotti seemed so miffed after the match, specially when you conceded in 30 seconds of second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.