Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the 4 people who voted for Baines today kindly stop watching football please. The guy was a disgrace to the shirt today. 5 yard backward passes was all he could muster. Spineless, cowardly, 'take the easy option' attitude which we've put up with for too long at this club. He should never play again for us.
He does a job lad had no problem with him today, go and make a cuppa with some biscuits and think about what youve just said

Will the 4 people who voted for Baines today kindly stop watching football please. The guy was a disgrace to the shirt today. 5 yard backward passes was all he could muster. Spineless, cowardly, 'take the easy option' attitude which we've put up with for too long at this club. He should never play again for us.

The same Bernard who made two good chances with two crosses ? Bernard is the least of our problems mate, our football and game control increased immeasurably when Gomes and Bernard came on the field.

ok that’s totally harsh
It's not. Go watch the game again. He's 35, not 60! The only forward, purposeful passes he made were from dead balls. In open play EVERY pass he made was a 5 yard backward pass. An absolute disgrace from a cowardly toad.

Baines is finished for sure but his was not a major contribution to losing the game. Big changes from May when the Baines and Siggys of this world say goodbye.

The same Bernard who made two good chances with two crosses ? Bernard is the least of our problems mate, our football and game control increased immeasurably when Gomes and Bernard came on the field.
BAINES, not bernard. I didn't mention bernard. Bernard is one of our few players who can actually play football.

But we didn't come away with a point and we did capitulate as soon as they scored and that will continue to be the case until Carlo rebuilds the team starting from summer. Carlo is the only positive for me this season and i look forward to seeing the team he builds and one that isn't deafeated by fear and inferiority before a game even starts.

I mean we conceded two goals quickly but were still level in the break.

We went down at least fighting,

I’m not saying there isn’t issue but we easily lose that game comfortably under silva without any real threat.

Koff - No he wasn't an attacking presence, he's too old for that - but he actually did his first job, defending, well enough. Our other fullback was probably culpable for at least 2 of their goals!

I’m not saying there isn’t issue but we easily lose that game comfortably under silva without any real threat.
There were some positives today apart from a couple of poor performers. When we went behind again after the break I thought we were going to collapse.We didn't and we went on the front foot and played some good stuff. We deserved at least a point today and could have won it with dcl 's crap header.

if you think about it all 3 goals show how weak we are defensively

1st goal - a cross from the left hand side

2nd goal - a through ball which split the defence

3rd goal - a cross from the right hand side

Sometime you just have to hold your hands up and give the opposition some credit, their first goal was excellent.

The second one was made easy for Luiz to play the ball through, because Sidibe stepped forward when he should have held his position, so we're at fault there, but it was a good ball from Luiz

We were gash for their third though.

I get what you are saying mate but lets be honest, regardless of any positives today we shouldn't be conceding 3 goals and losing to a team that are not better than us no matter whether it is home or away or whoever is in charge of us. The way we crumble at the first sign of pressure is shameful and that has been going on since before even Silva was in charge.

It has become embedded into the Everton mentality to feel inferior and fearful of any of the so called bigger teams before the game even starts. I cannot even remember the last time we won away against Arsenal it is that long ago. We have never beaten them at the emirates anyway which is another shameful reality. We are absolutely full to the brim of shameful traits.

I am optimistic for the future as we have got a boss Manager now but it is going to take time and he is going to have to do a huge rebuild starting in the summer and change not only most of the squad but the whole clubs mentality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.