2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling the best Academy player we have had in years is not the way to build a team.
But Spurs will never offer £40m anyway so it’s moot.
Keane Lewis Potter went for £20m today and Gordon is certainly ahead of him in terms of development.
Is he? One tore up the championship. One had a fine season in the prem. They’re on similar footing it seems.

The PL is a much harder place. Gordon is definitely ahead.

That’s not to sayLewis Potter isn‘t good, but there are other players who have done well in the championship that haven’t performed in the PL
All those things that the fans moan Gordon can't do, like pass properly, cross the ball, take set pieces, score goals. KLP can do all that at the moment and he can last a full 90 mins. The only thing Gordon is ahead of him on is Gordon is the quicker of the two.

Call me cynical but not a chance it's happening. Feel like it's just there to make the fans think "oh we sold Richy but we managed to keep Gordon at least! Good news yay!"

All those things that the fans moan Gordon can't do, like pass properly, cross the ball, take set pieces, score goals. KLP can do all that at the moment and he can last a full 90 mins. The only thing Gordon is ahead of him on is Gordon is the quicker of the two.
Gordon played 35 games and scored 4, playing in an inept Everton team.

Kean Lewis played 46 and scored 13 at Championship level.

To give it some context, Ivan Toney scored 33 in the championship an 14 in the PL.

I think KLP will probably become a very good player and I would be happy to have him, but right now, Gordon has done his development in the PL. It’s a much harder place and he has a lousy set of fans wishing failure on him as usual. Actually, that last bit is not true, the vast majority Evertonians are right behind him and know what we have got!!

Gordon played 35 games and scored 4, playing in an inept Everton team.

Kean Lewis played 46 and scored 13 at Championship level.

To give it some context, Ivan Toney scored 33 in the championship an 14 in the PL.

I think KLP will probably become a very good player and I would be happy to have him, but right now, Gordon has done his development in the PL. It’s a much harder place and he has a lousy set of fans wishing failure on him as usual. Actually, that last bit is not true, the vast majority Evertonians are right behind him and know what we have got!!
We will see this coming season then who proves to be better won't we.

Is he? One tore up the championship. One had a fine season in the prem. They’re on similar footing it seems.
Its one thing doing well in the Championship, but considering the situation surrounding Gordon he's done excellent in his conditions.

I will die on the hill of that if you swapped Brennan Johnson & Anthony Gordons situations last season (e.g. Johnson playing for a struggling Everton side with no real plan or momentum & Gordon playing for a Steve Cooper rejuvenated Forest with a style and system based to get the best out of him) you would see Johnson getting similar numbers to what Gordon got this year & vice versa for Gordon if he was in the Championship

He can do it now though, I watched him doing it in the championship but yes he might flop in the premiership I think he will be fine though, we will see.
I am not questioning his ability and I do think KLP can succeed in the premiership but there is an enormous gulf between the level he played at last season and what will be expected next season.

Anthony Gordon practically carried the Everton attack for a period at the end of the season and that is quite remarkable for someone of his age.
There was enormous pressure on all the Everton players as the season drew to a close and relegation fears were not going away , many young players could have buckled under that pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.