2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If players of his caliber exist for £10-15m we should have a team of them.
We really shouldnt. Gordon scored 4 goals in 35 games. Based on that, it would take a front three of this seasons Anthony Gordon a whopping 140 games to score 12 goals. Unfair comparison maybe, but Richy got 10 in 30(and more assists).
This is ofc as tonge in cheek as it gets, but the point stands. I dont want to sell him, but if we get the rumored 40+ million £ it could very well be a better deal for us than Spurs. I think Gordon will improve next season and the season after, but theres no guarantee he will. If he doesnt, 40m would be robbing spurs blind - ie a very good deal for us.

We really shouldnt. Gordon scored 4 goals in 35 games. Based on that, it would take a front three of this seasons Anthony Gordon a whopping 140 games to score 12 goals. Unfair comparison maybe, but Richy got 10 in 30(and more assists).
This is ofc as tonge in cheek as it gets, but the point stands. I dont want to sell him, but if we get the rumored 40+ million £ it could very well be a better deal for us than Spurs. I think Gordon will improve next season and the season after, but theres no guarantee he will. If he doesnt, 40m would be robbing spurs blind - ie a very good deal for us.
Selling the best Academy player we have had in years is not the way to build a team.
But Spurs will never offer £40m anyway so it’s moot.
Keane Lewis Potter went for £20m today and Gordon is certainly ahead of him in terms of development.

“Toffees. I will never be able to thank you enough for the support and love you have shown me this year, alongside hard work you made a lot of my childhood dreams become reality and allowed me to grow into a role I dreamt of as a kid.

“We’ve had some very good and very bad moments but we stuck together through it all. I think everyone could do without that mental rollercoaster next year though."

“The People’s Club. See you next time, ready for more.”
Good on you Anthony

I am constantly amazed how little latitude young players are given at our club.

He is 21 and had his breakout season, performing well in a frankly awful team.

If they are not at Rooney or Ronaldo levels they are deemed not up to scratch???

He is exactly the age and type we should be looking to sign, not sell.
Agree with this. Far too much pressure on the lad. He needs time and he needs the kid glove treatment.

I am constantly amazed how little latitude young players are given at our club.

He is 21 and had his breakout season, performing well in a frankly awful team.

If they are not at Rooney or Ronaldo levels they are deemed not up to scratch???

He is exactly the age and type we should be looking to sign, not sell.

Agreed. His form may dip next season but we should continue to support him. One thing I like about him is how he never stop working upfront in front of the home crowd. His skills, finishing and output requires more work but it will come if he keeps working at it.

He is not of world class talent and if he plays like a legend at 21, then he won't be at Everton. Give him time to develop and we will see a good player when he is 23 or 24.

In the meantime, I think we do need a new Winger to replace Richarlison and ease of the unrealistic expectations of Gordon when he faces a dip in form

Agreed. His form may dip next season but we should continue to support him. One thing I like about him is how he never stop working upfront in front of the home crowd. His skills, finishing and output requires more work but it will come if he keeps working at it.

He is not of world class talent and if he plays like a legend at 21, then he won't be at Everton. Give him time to develop and we will see a good player when he is 23 or 24.

In the meantime, I think we do need a new Winger to replace Richarlison and ease of the unrealistic expectations of Gordon when he faces a dip in form
Agree and disagree, he showed last season he was good enough - whilst playing out of position, Richy moving on creates the opportunity to now play him in his best/preferred position on the left - which alone will see an improvement over what happens on top of natural improvement with him now having a full season under his belt.

For context - in all but last season Richy has had 3 assists per sesson - Gordon had 2. In the last two seasons Richy from open play has scored 7 and 6 (the rest where pens) Gordon scored 4. That's in 300+ minutes less playing too for Gordon.

The gap in end product is actually not that big at all already between the two.

If we keep Gray - then we have Gordon and Gray both natural left wingers - and Dele who also is comfortable there too, we should be looking at not buying a left winger direct replacement for Richy, it's arguably the one position we have sorted.

Agree with this. Far too much pressure on the lad. He needs time and he needs the kid glove treatment.
He is succeeding inspire if our fans.

I’m a very vocal supporter of his. Great talent. Will only improve and will be absolutely crucial for us this season.

10 million, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Seriously, what is the deal with the Mirror? They have been doing this with our players for over a decade now. Remember ‘Coleman has signed for Man Utd?’ What a rag!

Best for both parties that he stays at Everton I feel. Still has a lot of developing to do and always good to have a Blue in the team.

That being said, If a bid of 50m comes in I’d sell all day long ???

Even if they did come in with the sort of bid that might tempt us, would he even go? Not just his love of Everton, but he's at a point in his career where he needs regular football to become the finished article, and he's a good bit down the pecking order there for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.