2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon isn't getting sold. It's a smokescreen so we don't focus on the fact we're selling Richy. Classic tactic of making us feel good when he stays when there was never any chance he was going but we've rolled over and accepted our most important player has been sold - to Spurs ffs. Gordon will be like a new signing lad. This club eh?

If we have to sell for FFP then so be it. As bad as it might seem, sadly in the fiscal world of football things have to be done to ensure the club performs as they have to.

But we need to max out the price to make sure we have viable options on replacements.

Gordon isn't getting sold. It's a smokescreen so we don't focus on the fact we're selling Richy. Classic tactic of making us feel good when he stays when there was never any chance he was going but we've rolled over and accepted our most important player has been sold - to Spurs ffs. Gordon will be like a new signing lad. This club eh?
Actually Townsend, the player brought in on a free transfer from Crystal Palace to be a backup, will be just like a new signing!

It is vital that we keep hold of him. He is one of the few to graduate through the Academy and is Premier League quality and he's a Blue like us so we need to make him a focal point of the squad as he is one of a small number of positives of last season and still only young with plenty of time for him to improve and develop.

If Goodison burned down that would not deflect from the sale of Richarlison.
I think Gordon was just newspaper talk as there never was a possibility Gordon was being sold.
We have all known since the start of last season that it was probably the last season for Richarlison. We all hoped that PSG, Madrid or even Utd would try to sign him which would help establish a price but that just doesn't seem to be happening.
Chelsea opting for Raphina for about the same price as we hope to get for Richarlison says that maybe he is not as highly rated elsewhere as he is at Everton.

I am constantly amazed how little latitude young players are given at our club.

He is 21 and had his breakout season, performing well in a frankly awful team.

If they are not at Rooney or Ronaldo levels they are deemed not up to scratch???

He is exactly the age and type we should be looking to sign, not sell.
Not sure you read my post. I want us to keep him and develop him. He doesnt need to be Ronaldo to play for us, but he needs to improve a lot to defend a 40m pricetag. Currently, hes worth closer to 10-15m imo.

Not sure you read my post. I want us to keep him and develop him. He doesnt need to be Ronaldo to play for us, but he needs to improve a lot to defend a 40m pricetag. Currently, hes worth closer to 10-15m imo.
If players of his caliber exist for £10-15m we should have a team of them.

The reality is they don’t exist in any significant numbers.

Gordon was head and shoulders above his peer group in the England U23 squad. Miles better.

He is one of the rising stars of English football and his development ceiling is very high. That is why he is worth far more than you are quoting.

No player in the history of Everton football has ever had a serious injury and then Come back like a new signing.
Basically, always come back as poor form of their former selves
Poor form? Townsend? Really? he was one of our better players early season and we really missed him when he got injured

Poor form? Townsend? Really? he was one of our better players early season and we really missed him when he got injured
Shamone man, he, alongside Gray, was terrible after their respective good starts. We may have missed him as an option from the bench on set pieces or to add a bit of composure to the midfield, but he wasn't up to much prior to his injury. Two players brought in as backup who, in typical Everton fashion, became absolutely crucial to the first team due to the pathetic and expensive misfits we've signed over the past years and a bunch of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.