2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkley looked a far better player at Gordon’s age tbh. Gordon has pace and work rate, other than that I don’t see much to be overly excited about yet.

Barkley was absolutely miles ahead of Gordon at the age.

If Gordon was a £15m signing from Benfica who was Portuguese our fans would hate him

He is excellent for his position everywhere except the final third which is the most important area. But that is where most young players struggle to be fair. He needs to add some playmaking and scoring ability to his arsenal.

This is the same for me. You need some end product to truly get excited over an attacking player.

Just for comparison Lampards first season at Chelsea 37 league games 5 goals.

Gordon 34 league games 4 goals.

Lampard also played in a far better side and a lot more minutes. And was 23yo compared to 20 with 4 seasons at west ham as a starter and over 140+ games in the division already played.

And we wonder why young players at Everton get slated way too soon.

…posters say it as it is, his end product is his weakness in terms of goals & assists. It’s hardly ‘eating their words’ if he can make big improvements, everybody will be chuffed as we’ll have a top player on our hands.

Maybe but some are talking like he's the finished product already with no chance of improvement which to me is silly

Status
Not open for further replies.