2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fecking hate our English media, proper tw*ts, saying he betrayed ancelotti WTF, idiots will read the headline and that’s it then imagine something serious happened

Fecking hate our English media, proper tw*ts, saying he betrayed ancelotti WTF, idiots will read the headline and that’s it then imagine something serious happened
Nothing article really. Misleading headline.

Not writing him off, but I keep expecting him to show more and its not really happened. He looks like he has a lot of willing in him, but has he shown anything to say he is better than Dowell? Dowell didn't get a fraction of the opportunities Gordon has had, which is a massive shame.

Loans are weird, because the short term 3 month loans to struggling championship teams do nothing for anyone. If we are gonna sort a loan, we need to ensure he is going to get regular game time. Which to me means a long term loan, preferably a full season or longer. And it needs to be to a team that are looking specifically for his type/style of player, not just another body to fill in any role at a team that is short on numbers.

For me, Bernard offers next to nothing, so wouldn't be a great loss if he went, other than further reducing a small active squad. If we are going to try and shift Bernard this window, then we ideally need a real upgrade to come straight in and improve the squad. You would hope Gordon would be pressing for his place. But at this point in time, I'm not sure he has enough to do that.

Ya it horrible. Click bait media. It's the world we live in now. I actually take no notice of articles when I see a heading like that.

Ya it horrible. Click bait media. It's the world we live in now. I actually take no notice of articles when I see a heading like that.
Trouble is, it is not really 'media' unless you are using the widest sense of the word.

Just send us your blog on email and we’ll add you to our Websites of the Week section, where you can send us one original article a week and we’ll publish it to give your blog the exposure it deserves!
It is set up to earn page views by using other people's content and paid 'content providers' with clickbait templates (e.g. 'Whatever happened to Player X?') to qualify for ad networks like Mediavine and Adthrive. (And they then earn more by offering to place ads on their fanboi contributor blogs.)

Then they get links by riling up fans on the various fan forums and blogs and get more visibility in a non-virtuous circle.

Club Advocate Positions Currently Available: ALL

Fair enough to the owners, people have got to do what it takes to get by in this day and age - don't forget to buy your 'fan gift' before you leave - but it is hardly something worth quoting as 'media coverage' (and I'm surprised it is still not part of the blacklist on here).

Anyway, Anthony Gordon. Great bit of skill for the first goal, mostly poor positioning in attack and defence for rest of his time. The continued and very obvious shouts of 'Anthonee' in an Italian accent suggest that Carlo feels that he is not quite ready to challenge for a first team place.

Class ball and vision for our first, we have midfielders we’ve paid 25-35 mill for, who’ve struggled doing that all season.

It was a great little moment from him. Thought he was our best player in the early stages. Made a driving run into the box at one point and looked like he was clipped.

Then of course he faded, which I suspect is the reason he's not getting more minutes. My guess is that physically he can't stay at that level too long, especially given how slight he is in comparison to who he's up against.

Let's hope he can push on because there's a player in there.

It was a great little moment from him. Thought he was our best player in the early stages. Made a driving run into the box at one point and looked like he was clipped.

Then of course he faded, which I suspect is the reason he's not getting more minutes. My guess is that physically he can't stay at that level too long, especially given how slight he is in comparison to who he's up against.

I think whether he does or not will say as much about the club's ability or willingness to develop these players as it does Gordon himself.

It feels like we've been short changed in recent years in terms of players stepping up from the academy, especially when you consider the U23 league wins.

Is that because we're bad at getting the talent ready to compete at Premier League level? Or is it just that Liverpool and the Manchester clubs are more attractive prospects for talent in the North West (Nkounkou & Branthwaite were sourced from father afield, as were DCL, Holgate & Stones) and so the raw talent isn't there in the first place? Is it a bit of both?

Horror show means good in Russian so maybe it's just a bad translation

I saw little point taking him off, to be honest. I know we want to progress in the cup but i think lads like Gordon and Neils need games and oppurtunites.

I think Gordon is a wonderful player myslef, i know hes still developing, but i think its madness writing him off he defo has the right stuff.

Soul searching time in our young players, for all the talk of bringing through and developing young players, seems to me to be a glass ceiling - look at Moise and Gordon, its something we are struggling with.

I think whether he does or not will say as much about the club's ability or willingness to develop these players as it does Gordon himself.

It feels like we've been short changed in recent years in terms of players stepping up from the academy, especially when you consider the U23 league wins.

Is that because we're bad at getting the talent ready to compete at Premier League level? Or is it just that Liverpool and the Manchester clubs are more attractive prospects for talent in the North West (Nkounkou & Branthwaite were sourced from father afield, as were DCL, Holgate & Stones) and so the raw talent isn't there in the first place? Is it a bit of both?
I think a lot of it is to do with the type of player we’ve brought through rather than their ability, our coaching etc. Davies, Kenny, dowell etc are all technically proficient, intelligent, ‘talented’ players but they all lack pace, strength, dynamism etc. Gordon looks a bit similar at the moment, but he has time to develop in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.