2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he had a bad game but carlo's line-up made no sense. Almost complete control
but not one chance created in the first half.

Gomes on the wing is a joke. No pace, no centres, no creation. His spot is in midfield. He had a good game
at Spurs and that is where he should play.

Why play Delph and Allan?

Given so many players seem to have the same issue that would indicate it's maybe more of a coaching issue.
There are too many players in the squad who give away possession too easily, seem to lack that killer pass from the midfield and creativity.
James is the exception which means there’s too much relying on one player.
However I can’t believe that quality and passing ability is coached out of them though.- the players in question have to take responsibility and in my opinion we have to back Carlo to get it right... which will take time.
Im sure if he had the resources available he’d have happily replaced half the squad!! (He still has to work with what he’s got.)
Therefore the elevated expectations need to be adjusted to what we are seeing now And in my opinion a Europa league place at the end of this season is good progress.-Although if this is not achieved we can then start to rightfully question what value he’s added!!

There are too many players in the squad who give away possession too easily, seem to lack that killer pass from the midfield and creativity.
James is the exception which means there’s too much relying on one player.
However I can’t believe that quality and passing ability is coached out of them though.- the players in question have to take responsibility and in my opinion we have to back Carlo to get it right... which will take time.
Im sure if he had the resources available he’d have happily replaced half the squad!! (He still has to work with what he’s got.)
Therefore the elevated expectations need to be adjusted to what we are seeing now And in my opinion a Europa league place at the end of this season is good progress.-Although if this is not achieved we can then start to rightfully question what value he’s added!!
I don't mean that it's being coached out of them, i wonder if it's something they should be practicing more of if they are so weak at it?

He does pick up an awful lot of niggles, this is the second one this season and we’re only 7 games in. Just doesn’t seem to be able to put a consistent run of games together where he is fully fit. Is that anything to do with what we’re seeing on the pitch?

Seriously though he did it against Southampton at home after conceding another penalty last season remember, went off ‘hobbling’ on 42 mins. Almost a coincidence.

I think a few have mentioned Jim, he seems to pick up the odd niggle here and there.

I think he genuinely hurt himself when he gave the pen away Sunday. But that's what happens when you stand there flat footed and not go and attack the ball.

There's a lot more questions than answers when it comes to Gomes and his form

I think a few have mentioned Jim, he seems to pick up the odd niggle here and there.

I think he genuinely hurt himself when he gave the pen away Sunday. But that's what happens when you stand there flat footed and not go and attack the ball.

There's a lot more questions than answers when it comes to Gomes and his form

It’s a strange one mate because you’d have thought having other players doing all the necessary nitty gritty stuff would just allow him to flourish and keep the ball ticking for us.

He played well against Spurs at the start of the season and has just regressed again since then really.

He seems to have lost all the ability to control and pass a ball and has no idea what’s happening around him, constant early or late balls being played, usually over hit. He looks slow and sluggish. It’s very reminiscent of his form prior to his injury last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.