2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love him but by God he was terrible yesterday.
This. He was woeful. Was not helped by playing him out wide midfield. Makes no sense playing this type of player out there. Siggy the same. They are too immobile. And the idea if playing either on each wing was complete madness and I live carlo but cannot be above criticism for this. It did not work and that was clear from the off. In saying that no excuse for gomes not to be able to pass 5 years.

This. He was woeful. Was not helped by playing him out wide midfield. Makes no sense playing this type of player out there. Siggy the same. They are too immobile. And the idea if playing either on each wing was complete madness and I live carlo but cannot be above criticism for this. It did not work and that was clear from the off. In saying that no excuse for gomes not to be able to pass 5 years.
I agree. Bernard and Gordon in for those 2 and we would have looked much more comfortable and might have actually had some attacking threat

You see why we need workhorses like Richarlison, Doucore and Allan in the side. Funny thing is Gomes used to work much harder despite lacking in the tackling department. As Dave kindly put it, Andre was a ‘gentleman thug.’ Now he really struggles to involve himself at all when we don’t have the ball.

I’m not sure we will see that well rounded Andre again. I’m a bit concerned atm

Not suitable for us anymore.
He will stand out alongside davies and siggy but we have moved past that this season and now an obvious liability in terms of attack and defence. His contribution at both end is insignificant and doesn’t contribute to the overall tactics and balance of the team.

in short, out of sync in many areas. Having said that, he should still be ahead of siggy in terms of selection.

Was really hoping that with have 2 or 3 better players around him he would shine. Sunday was the perfect game to show us what he can do, sadly its not to be.

I passed 5 years 61 years ago (soon to be 62). Depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.