2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you cant see what he brings to the team then I cant help you mate.

Never once claimed hes world class, simply that I think hes a very good player that improves us.

If we dont get him, I have faith that Brands could find somebody as good.

But personally I would rather we signed him myself.
Have I not articulated what he brings to the team well enough at this point? He has improved us and he’d be a solid squad player and might start with the right teammates. But I want to do better than 8th so I’d not want us to break the bank on someone that doesn’t walk into our starting XI. That’s all.

I want him back but it also isn't the end of days if he goes elsewhere. Schneiderlin has seemingly remembered how to play footy and Gomes doesn't bring any skills that we couldn't find somewhere else. The far bigger issue in midfield would be losing Gueye.

Have I not articulated what he brings to the team well enough at this point? He has improved us and he’d be a solid squad player and might start with the right teammates. But I want to do better than 8th so I’d not want us to break the bank on someone that doesn’t walk into our starting XI. That’s all.

Stats wise he’s not impressive but his performances in the big games were dominant and numbers won’t show that - ask Liverpool and Man Utd fans who saw the games.

Personally think this will get done, he's had a good season with us after all his struggles and clearly likes it here. We'll outbid Spurs or anyone else who goes in for him, I'm absolutely sure of that. Zouma though I think is extremely unlikely, Chelsea would have to be absolutely daft to do business with any other PL club for him when he's their best centre-half.
They just broke a long standing policy and gave Luiz a 2 year deal.
With a stay on the ban expected pending their appeal that new deal will bring them up to the end of their ban with Rudiger and Luiz as their 2 CB with Christensen ,Ampadu,and a returning loanee as backup

Maybe. But all that is guess work.

The facts are massive, they are in the CL final and now play in the best stadium in the world. The feel-good factor and buzz will be massive around that club now.
Poch may be leaving whether they win CL or not.
He wants a much bigger transfer budget and has said as much.
It remains to be seen whether he Lewis and Levy give it to him

How has Schneiderlin done as Gomes replacement?
Excellent?
Good?
Did enough?

So if the bang average Schneiderlin did enough (and remember he was MotM the other week) how good is Gomes really?
Hes just a more stylish version of Schneiderlin, with a different set of poor points, rash tackles, lack of pace, not mentally tough enough
If the price and wages are not excessive well sign him up (none of this 5yrs @ 125k either) but If he went else where it would be a big 'Meh' from me and on to the next target, with (the razzle) Schneiderlin in my pocket as the second prize.

And yes if Schneiderlin found a club, bin him and his wages off too.

I can't see him staying to be honest. His good performances won't have gone unnoticed elsewhere. Likewise his poor performances wouldn't make me rush to keep him. Average player who can be very good at times.

Excellent?
Good?
Did enough?

So if the bang average Schneiderlin did enough (and remember he was MotM the other week) how good is Gomes really?
Hes just a more stylish version of Schneiderlin, with a different set of poor points, rash tackles, lack of pace, not mentally tough enough
If the price and wages are not excessive well sign him up (none of this 5yrs @ 125k either) but If he went else where it would be a big 'Meh' from me and on to the next target, with (the razzle) Schneiderlin in my pocket as the second prize.

giphy.gif

Excellent?
Good?
Did enough?

did you really disrespect Gomes like this, Schneid and Gomes do completely different jobs, Morgan is essentially Gana 2.0 where he breaks up the play and is defending in our own box
Gomes is the man who carries the ball forward and hits diagonal balls while also getting forward himself
It's simple really if we can get him we should but if not I don't think it'll be too big of a loss really.

Status
Not open for further replies.