2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you agree we stand a good chance of signing him then?

Only you seem to spend a lot of time on here downplaying our chances

I've never quesitoned his desire to remain, particularly after how difficult his time at Barcelona was - the only point I was trying to make is that it does NOT only depend on him

If Gomes tells Barca it's Everton or nobody ,so get a deal done,what can Barca do.?
Hes not a piece of meat

Back to Barcelona, sit on the bench or be sent out on loan elsewhere. He has a contract with Barcelona, not Everton or anyone else

Barca will sell but they'll also add in the buy back clause like Geri, I feel like Everton would prepare to stump up a lot to get him signed.

Back to Barcelona, sit on the bench or be sent out on loan elsewhere. He has a contract with Barcelona, not Everton or anyone else
I think a lot of people in here think Evertons got a better hand in landing Gomes than we actually do. We dont really have any cards before he’s out of contract really, until then we’re playing Barcas game. I think we have a decent chance of signing him, but its far from the done deal some on here seems to think. And the 20million shouts must be about 20million off. He’s proven he can do it in the hardest league in the world, he’s not worth less now than before he signed, thats just silly.

I've never quesitoned his desire to remain, particularly after how difficult his time at Barcelona was - the only point I was trying to make is that it does NOT only depend on him

Yeah, but what I'm asking is, do you think (on balance) we'll get him? Without a convoluted "it depends on x, y and z" answer.

ah the old Kenwright wage saving trick

Once a miser always a miser. Which is surprising giving how much cash we have wasted on dross recently.

Or he could be a believer in good things come to those who wait. But if we are not careful that could mean a midfield of McCarthy and Schneiderlin. :Blink:

Just give them what they want now FFS!

Fellaini was class you utter mentaller

Class at bringing the ball down on his chest, class at winning balls in the air, class at pushing people over. That was it. Actually controlling a midfield and making clever use of possession (which is what top midfielders should do) he was woeful at it which is why Moyes shoved him up behind the striker, and then Van Gaal did it, and then Mourinho, and then Martinez for Belgium.

I’m not saying he’s not effective (he was, and is) but he is not the type of central midfielder a top side needs to dictate a game. We haven’t had one of the required quality since Arteta but now we do in Gomes. Long may Gomes Digne Bernard be the profile of technical player we go for rather than the yard dogs we’ve had in there who can barely make a pass.

Barca are awash with central mids. Busquets Rakitic Arthur Vidal Coutinho and they’ve bought De Jong. I’m sure that if we agree a sensible price they’ll be keen to move Gomes on. The problem might be if other sides with CL football enter the bidding. Can’t see Barca wanting to price teams out of a permanent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.