2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly he’d play regularly at spurs to replace Dembele in their midfield ahead of the likes of Winks, Dier and Wanyama.

You do realise that all this stuff is coming from the rags ?

Also Spurs have got to deal with the fact that a lot of their first team squad now want wages comparable to the rest of the Premier League.

Their first priority is keeping hold of Ericsson, which will cost them lots if it happens.

Plus they have lots of midfielders already.

Add to that the fact that Poch is still getting linked to mega jobs in the Summer.

Do you see where I am going with this ?

I believe his real name is William ball.

Andre gomes, quality, hope he signs just for the commercial revenue generated through head and shoulders.

We really are poor at marketing, we should be making Andre Gomes blow up dolls to wave around Goodison.
B990A01A-484F-47CA-9B23-AEA92AB318BA.jpeg

Class baller. Which automatically means some won’t like him as they’ve been weened on utter yard dogs for years. Will never forget some fans claiming Arteta put Fellaini off his game, as if you can compare a maestro like that to an utter donkey like Fellaini. Shows what some elements of the fan base value though. Felliaini McCarthy Schneiderlin utter cloggers and we’ve had lots like them and people wonder why we haven’t played free flowing football.

Fellaini was class you utter mentaller

Gomes is class on the ball, but we should NOT be blowing our transfer budget on him. There are other midfielders on the planet. We need two CM/DMs as-is. I love him with the ball and believe he's gotten better without it, but we STILL don't have a sitting 6 or a dynamic CM/DM to employ either one of Silva's primary 4-3- 3 tactics. That's just wrong.

There's also no way we are paying 40M+ for him, nor is he worth that.
It amazes me that lads on her think they know Silvas formations and tactics he wants to employ,plus the type of player he wants to utilise in his system.
He wasn't at Hull or Watford long enough to have his own first 11 playing the way he wanted.
Unless lads have studied his tactics or team selections in Greece and Portugal at length then its guesswork.
Managers have been known to adapt to different leagues,different expectations,and different players being available to them.

Well naturally is a lowball offer is put in. We are led to believe the 2 teams were around the 25 million pound mark in the summer. It would be hard to make a serious argument that his value has really gone up to Barcelona in that time but hey ho. This to me seems a fairly sensible figure to work from and I would happen to agree with you that if either side deviated much beyond this figure it would be seen unfavourably in terms of the wider etiquette around the negotiation. So yes, if Everton bid £10 million pounds and try to pressure Gomes to sulk to get the move, I daresay it will not be met favourably by Barcelona. Likewise if Barcelona look to shift the price dramatically upwards to say £40 million then you will see a similar response from Everton and the player.

I go on the assumption that Everton are willing to pay around the figure that was outlined last summer (with a nominal potential increase upon it as a good will gesture). If this is willing to be done, the deal will be done quickly.

As you indicate, if either party try to move much beyond that point it will get messy. I have to say I hope Everton don't do this, there is a good working relationship there and it would not be a conducive way to conduct business.

However the OP I made was on the assumption that Everton and Barcelona continue to negotiate in good faith, which I see no reason not too.
But Barca are the big club who tell every other club what to do and what to pay.
They also control their players lives and tell them where they must play.
ASK NEYMAR.
Not a dig at you Catcher but at @FCBarça

But Barca are the big club who tell every other club what to do and what to pay.
They also control their players lives and tell them where they must play.
ASK NEYMAR.
Not a dig at you Catcher but at @FCBarça

Barce: Give us Veratti.

PSG: He's not for sale

Barce: How much

PSG: He's not for sale. Give us Neymar.

Barce: He's not for sale, lmfao for even trying now give us Veratti.

*PSG offer/activate Neymars release clause and sign him*

Status
Not open for further replies.