2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Everton want the player, the deal will be done very easily.

Indeed, IF the valuation is met else he’ll be loaned out elsewhere if not sold to a different club willing to meet the valuation

Similar happened with Rafinha when on loan to Inter, he thrived and loved it but Inter tried to lowball- player returned

Gomes is class on the ball, but we should NOT be blowing our transfer budget on him. There are other midfielders on the planet. We need two CM/DMs as-is. I love him with the ball and believe he's gotten better without it, but we STILL don't have a sitting 6 or a dynamic CM/DM to employ either one of Silva's primary 4-3- 3 tactics. That's just wrong.

There's also no way we are paying 40M+ for him, nor is he worth that.

Boooooooo

Indeed, IF the valuation is met else he’ll be loaned out elsewhere if not sold to a different club willing to meet the valuation

Similar happened with Rafinha when on loan to Inter, he thrived and loved it but Inter tried to lowball- player returned

Well naturally is a lowball offer is put in. We are led to believe the 2 teams were around the 25 million pound mark in the summer. It would be hard to make a serious argument that his value has really gone up to Barcelona in that time but hey ho. This to me seems a fairly sensible figure to work from and I would happen to agree with you that if either side deviated much beyond this figure it would be seen unfavourably in terms of the wider etiquette around the negotiation. So yes, if Everton bid £10 million pounds and try to pressure Gomes to sulk to get the move, I daresay it will not be met favourably by Barcelona. Likewise if Barcelona look to shift the price dramatically upwards to say £40 million then you will see a similar response from Everton and the player.

I go on the assumption that Everton are willing to pay around the figure that was outlined last summer (with a nominal potential increase upon it as a good will gesture). If this is willing to be done, the deal will be done quickly.

As you indicate, if either party try to move much beyond that point it will get messy. I have to say I hope Everton don't do this, there is a good working relationship there and it would not be a conducive way to conduct business.

However the OP I made was on the assumption that Everton and Barcelona continue to negotiate in good faith, which I see no reason not too.

I think he'll have his choice of teams. Barca might even want him back. Hope he loves it hear and wants to be happy.

Barca dont want him back, they have enough talent already plus De Jong to come in also. They need to offload now.

As for Gomes, I think that if we want him then he will sign. He's talked about how his Barcelona experience left him devoid of confidence and not wanting to leave the house. The pressure at clubs like that is only for the players with the toughest mentality.

He has come here, seems settled at the club, looks like he's enjoying the city, his football and his work with EITC. Plus the club has ambitions to break into that top 4.

I think he would choose to stay regardless of who comes in for him as he's has had already the experience of a move that has turned horribly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.