2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes been linked recently to Newcastle, Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

The deals id be looking for would be:

A: £75mil+ fee and a sell on % (that would be my aim from Newcastle).

B: With Chelsea: Hall, Chalobah Chukwuemeka and Colwill moves part of swap deal. That would be great business for everyone as both teams would get the player(s) they need and can write off a huge figure on FFP. We wouldnt get them all of course but players + cash would be good.

C: With Arsenal: Try to include Smith-Rowe and Balogun in a swap deal.

D: With United: Try to include Diallo.

For me though, having a spine of:

Pickford
Tarkowski Branthwaite
Garner Onana
We'd only be lacking 1 attacking midfielder (Alex Scott?) and a centre forward from having an exciting spine.

I hope we can hold onto him unless a deal including 2+ of the Chelsea players was possible...id be happy with that deal.
Not a chance Diallo, ESR, Balogun or the lads from Chelsea are going to say "sure, you can use me as a makeweight in a deal with Everton, I absolutely want to go to a club that has had 2 relegation battles and could be in for a 3rd". If any of them are available for transfers they'll probably have far more attractive/favourable options than here.

Fear this lad will be on his bike over the summer.

Should get a decent fee though.
I think from a current point of view of looking at what the player contributes in terms of output (forgetting the idea we shouldn't be selling players with potential etc), it's got to be him who goes to allow us to buy other players. He's going to be top class, but not here. He needs to be around top players to make that step up

Fear this lad will be on his bike over the summer.

Should get a decent fee though.
If we can make a good profit thats all around good buisness, we need to get make a bit on a few sales to balance things out. Onana could be a good player in a really good squad, but he might need better players around him then what we have to work with

Could be a world class player with his attributes, but we do not have the luxury of developing him over the next two seasons. If someone offers double what we paid, he has to be sold.

To make £40mil on him we need to sell at £75mil...meanwhile if we hold onto him one or two seasons we'd be making a lot more money at the same sale price.

Get a Dyche pre-season under his belt and actually start the season without the pressure of relegation we may see a pretty good player emerge.

His last full preseason was in 2018 when he would have been 16.

'Absolute mental' more like. As if anyone (let alone a well-run Newcastle) is going to pay £75m+ AND additional sell-on fees for a lad who has had an ok-ish season, scored a grand total of 1 goals, and isn't even currently a guaranteed starter. Utter cuckooland.
Ive seen it all now...

I DONT LIKE A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER AS HE ONLY SCORED 1 GOAL

kin ell

Not a chance Diallo, ESR, Balogun or the lads from Chelsea are going to say "sure, you can use me as a makeweight in a deal with Everton, I absolutely want to go to a club that has had 2 relegation battles and could be in for a 3rd". If any of them are available for transfers they'll probably have far more attractive/favourable options than here.
Diallo who was on loan at Sunderland
Balogun who was on loan at Reims
The Chelsea kids who cant get games
Smith-Rowe who is clearly not a starter

You reckon they wouldnt join a premier league side as starting players?

Id say youre wrong.

If we can make a good profit thats all around good buisness, we need to get make a bit on a few sales to balance things out. Onana could be a good player in a really good squad, but he might need better players around him then what we have to work with
It would not be a good financial deal for us to sell this summer. Purchase price was £33m which includes a 15% sell on clause. He has one year into a 5 year deal would not have ammortised much. £50m would be the top end for him now so the effect on the books would be very small. We would be better off selling Pickford now and Onana next season

He’s bought into his own hype.

Definitely going to be quality but not shown enough.

I wouldn’t be all to suprised if he’s here next season.

Does any one pay 60m+ for him? I’m not so sure..

I’ve got to say, it’s been a disappointing season from him on the whole.

Even allowing for him being young and learning the league, I would’ve expected him to have shown improvement throughout the season.

Perhaps the drama surrounding our club and its predicament shell shocked him a little - but I would have hoped there would be a performance more memorable than his 10-minute debut against Villa. I was really excited by what he brought to that game, even given he setup a goal for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.