2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which was his best game this season?
He was fantastic in Dyche’s first game when we beat Arsenal, by far his best game

I also thought he was good yesterday and if that becomes a par performance we’ve got a really good player

He’s struggled for form, lots of ups and downs but the lads really young, new to the most intense league in the world and we’ve been crap

I think he’ll get better and better, though if someone wanted to pay a reported £70m+ and we actually spent it wisely it could be a good option for us given we need new full backs, strikers, creative midfielders etc.

I don't think we'll be getting any major bids for him this summer. I think any suitors will watch how he fairs next season first.

Hes been linked recently to Newcastle, Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

The deals id be looking for would be:

A: £75mil+ fee and a sell on % (that would be my aim from Newcastle).

B: With Chelsea: Hall, Chalobah Chukwuemeka and Colwill moves part of swap deal. That would be great business for everyone as both teams would get the player(s) they need and can write off a huge figure on FFP. We wouldnt get them all of course but players + cash would be good.

C: With Arsenal: Try to include Smith-Rowe and Balogun in a swap deal.

D: With United: Try to include Diallo.

For me though, having a spine of:

Pickford
Tarkowski Branthwaite
Garner Onana
We'd only be lacking 1 attacking midfielder (Alex Scott?) and a centre forward from having an exciting spine.

I hope we can hold onto him unless a deal including 2+ of the Chelsea players was possible...id be happy with that deal.

Hes been linked recently to Newcastle, Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

The deals id be looking for would be:

A: £75mil+ fee and a sell on % (that would be my aim from Newcastle).

B: With Chelsea: Hall, Chalobah Chukwuemeka and Colwill moves part of swap deal. That would be great business for everyone as both teams would get the player(s) they need and can write off a huge figure on FFP. We wouldnt get them all of course but players + cash would be good.

C: With Arsenal: Try to include Smith-Rowe and Balogun in a swap deal.

D: With United: Try to include Diallo.

For me though, having a spine of:

Pickford
Tarkowski Branthwaite
Garner Onana
We'd only be lacking 1 attacking midfielder (Alex Scott?) and a centre forward from having an exciting spine.

I hope we can hold onto him unless a deal including 2+ of the Chelsea players was possible...id be happy with that deal.

Yeah they've all been linked but whether he's performed well enough for them to pull the trigger and do a deal worthwhile for us is another thing.

There must be some deals to be had from Chelsea. They've got a huge squad. Would be looking at a few loans at least.

Yeah they've all been linked but whether he's performed well enough for them to pull the trigger and do a deal worthwhile for us is another thing.

There must be some deals to be had from Chelsea. They've got a huge squad. Would be looking at a few loans at least.
If we could do a loan with an option or paying them on the drip (as they dont need money upfront...just need to satisfy FFP).
I can see Colwill, Hall and Chukwuemeka as England players in the next 1-2 seasons.

Hall as a left back ticks off the position with Mykolenko.

Colwill i think would be best as a DM because we'd have Branthwaite as LCB. But he could play LB, LCB and DM so gives options.

Chukwuemeka would get lots of game time rotating with Onana, Doucoure and Garner.

Chalobah would also be ideal in that Ben White type RB role where hes played a handful of games for Chelsea. A centre back these days but came through as a DM. Amazed hes not got England caps.

Shame as I’d like to keep Onana, Garner, Paterson to build around. Realistically though, if we need to sell to buy and we can get anything over £60mil for him then he’ll be sold and we wouldn’t miss too much from the team - it’s not like last summer, selling Richarlison leaving a massive gaping hole in the squad that we couldn’t replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.