2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wants him not to play in the derby as we often seem to get a red card or injury out of it.

I hope Dyche settles his head for it.

Signed £32mil
Clause 20% of profit.

Should all work out.
Hypothetical of course but if we sold for £85m - £32m = £53m - 20% clause = £42.4m
Rinse and repeat for selling at £100m
Think its the 'profit' thats throwing out your workings ?

He’s like a mix of Yaya, Vieira with a sprinkling of Zizu. Defo a £100m player on our hands
Until the next game when I’ll be saying he’s a poor man’s Nykaro.
Let's hope we can get ourselves - before it's too late - on the road towards being a Club where a young potential £100 player can feel at home and not feel the need to leave...and that his agent keeps out of his ear

Last edited:
The kind of midfielder you build a team around, not look to sell in a few years - physicality with quite considerable ball skills and what appears to be an excellent character and attitude to working hard.

He was monstrous against arsenal - beasted and dominated them.

If we can keep the consistency and workrate (which goes for the entire team and squad tbf) he can go as far as he wants in the game, and I hope that’s with us.

A few more performances like that though and we will have teams knocking on our door - I hope we resist the urge to cash in.

After the Gordon sale bringing zero reinvestment this is a worry. Especially as Onana seems to be developing a real rapport with the fans

The more i think of Gordon mate the more i think this is the case, its likely this financial year we will be back in profitability between the Gordon sale and presumably Keans - not us sorting out our basket case finances but selling key assets - this still leaves us poor financial health but with less good players.

Selling Kean, Gordon and Richarlsion will bring the guts of 120 mill into club and that forgives sins on our balance sheet - question is why (a sale of the club?) and if this is a model to keep us in profitability who is next.....

Last edited:

The more i think of Gordon the more i think this is the case, its likely this financial year we will be back in profitability between Gordon sale and presumably Keans - not to sorting out out basket case finances but selling key assets - this still leaves us poor financial health but with less good players.

Selling Kean, Gordon and Richarlsion will bring the guts of 120 mill into club and that forgives sins on our balance sheet - question is why and if this is a model to keep us in profitability who is next.....
I'm sure if Dyche keeps us up his identity as a functional PL manager on a shoestring budget will inform even more asset stripping

Dyche saying he’s getting Onana on the blower to Steven Defour next week so he can learn the dark arts of being a midfielder. Up the shithousing toffees!!!

I thought you were joking but just noticed it online too. I wouldn't surprised if Dyche gets him involved as a coach. They're close and Defour has been getting all his swimmy badges recently

Status
Not open for further replies.