2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

As always, a lot of crazy hyperbole going on. A great performance and lots of potential but talk of £100m and the new Vieira are mad shouts at this stage. They're literally coming off the back of a handful of good games. There's been plenty this season where he has looked completely off the pace - and of course that's more the club's fault than his.

I was really happy with Dyche's comments yesterday because Onana has got a long way to go to reach the levels people are speaking about in this thread.

That is true, but when he's already influencing games as much as he did yesterday with a tonne of room to get better, it's understandable why people are throwing around price tags like that. Not to mention we paid 30+ for him, he'll have several years remaining on his contract in the summer and there'll likely be more than one club in for him (Arsenal & Chelsea already linked).

The most nerve-wracking part of being an Evertonian is peeping between the curtains of horror, glimpsing something, and feeling optimistic.

Ohnana is one of those, and it's a worry that Everton will beat it out of him.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry, just having a bit of a moment

As always, a lot of crazy hyperbole going on. A great performance and lots of potential but talk of £100m and the new Vieira are mad shouts at this stage. They're literally coming off the back of a handful of good games. There's been plenty this season where he has looked completely off the pace - and of course that's more the club's fault than his.

I was really happy with Dyche's comments yesterday because Onana has got a long way to go to reach the levels people are speaking about in this thread.
Its not hyperbole you fool, didnt Roberto Martinez himself describe him as phenomenal? When a players National manager says that you have think we have a gem, its not like Martinez is overly generous with hismpraise it is?

;)

He’s like a mix of Yaya, Vieira with a sprinkling of Zizu. Defo a £100m player on our hands
Until the next game when I’ll be saying he’s a poor man’s Nykaro.
It’s funny, and I know there’s white text here to bring it back down a peg as well but he did do things very reminiscent of those three against Arsenal.
The way he can tackle from behind on the slide and almost always win the ball is unreal and like Vieira.
The way he can win the ball and burst forward with power and pace is like Yaya Toure.
The confident way he can spin out of trouble when surrounded by opposition players and then pick the right pass like he did on the edge our own box against arsenal is like Zidane.

If he can learn to finish like a Toure or Zidane as well he’s literally a world class midfielder and apart from Pickford who’s proven it deep in major international tournaments I haven’t said any of our players are world class in some time.

Lad has got an incredibly high ceiling. Physically he's an absolute specimen, but you can get that with plenty of midfielders (see Doucoure, Abdoulaye) without the sort of control etc that Onana has. Was interesting to see Dyche single him out after the game because he's right, if he can add a few things we'll triple our money on him.

Dyche saying he’s getting Onana on the blower to Steven Defour next week so he can learn the dark arts of being a midfielder. Up the shithousing toffees!!!
Steven Defour was the player I thought Everton were signing when they got Fellaini , a much better footballer with a great football brain whose career was spoilt by injury, came to the premier league when he was older but still very good and could influence the teams he played for.

its not just on this forum though mate. as it was an early kick off plenty of other teams supporters watched it and on their forums the hyperbole is just as much about him !

Status
Not open for further replies.