Am I a real fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add, I have been to a few games (I think perhaps 10 GP games, plus 1987 Charity Shield, and 2009 Final, both on hospitality tickets so feel free to kick me for those), and if I had the cash and lived near GP I'd totally be there as often as I could.

I was just last night telling the wife about my first game at GP - 1987 v Spurs, Tuesday night, may or may not have been the game we won the league, the feeling of seeing this massive grey hulk down the side streets as we drove to the ground, and walking up the steps and seeing this amazing green floodlit pitch and thousands of fellow fans - I tells ya, there is NOTHING to match that feeling. Nothing.

But surely a supporter supports the club (as in both financially as well as being at the games to show support)?
We get a huge amount of money these days from TV deals.

Even just watching every game that is on TV supports the club as some of that money is tied to the frequency that we are shown - more demand will mean we are shown more often. And the more times we are shown the more likely we are to get some of that viewership to buy tickets/merch etc.

As for the OP's question, to me we are a club not a cult. It is natural that levels of interest/support will vary between people and even for an individual over time.

Evertons like a bird with the up + downs, i can tell its a hard time
at the moment, i advise therapy too get your love back / feeling the emotions
/ pain/ happiness . that comes with the blues, Once Everton has touched you, nothing will ever be the same. your blood is still blue and not red. when you come to terms with this
you will be on road to recovery but will also feel pain when we lose / sign jo

Evertons like a bird with the up + downs, i can tell its a hard time
at the moment, i advise therapy too get your love back / feeling the emotions
/ pain/ happiness . that comes with the blues, Once Everton has touched you, nothing will ever be the same. your blood is still blue and not red. when you come to terms with this
you will be on road to recovery but will also feel pain when we lose / sign jo
Dylanesque. Lovely stuff.

Perusing Utd and Liverpool forums where the global fan is most numerous it seems hunky dory when all is well and fans like yourself are great for their pissing contests about "we're the biggest blah blah ...".

I've noticed when it goes tits up like when Moyes got appointed and Suarez started biting it's fans like you who get the blame. Usually "eff off you plazzy t.t" is the phrase of choice with "wool" and "out of town gobshte" come a close second and third. Bearing that in mind just keep a snappy retort up your sleeve and you'll be fine, may I recommend "suck my root you old boot".

Welcome aboard mate pretty soon your weekends will start to get ruined btw.

Of course you're a real fan mate. I hate all this nonsense of 'if you don't go the game you're not a proper fan' and the like. If you like the team, follow the results and get annoyed/happy with the results then you're a fan.

Hello all,

Having recently joined this forum, it seems that in the main, folk on here are pretty die-hard Everton fans. Which is cool. I do love Everton, but I have some limitations.

1) I don't go the match (this is financial and geographical rather than from a lack of want)
2) I've never bought an Everton shirt (last one was bought for me in 1995)
3) I would never wear a football shirt other than when I play football
4) The idea of dressing my kids up in Everton kit, no thanks
5) Naming my kids after Everton players, no thanks
6) When we win its great, when we lose, well, it doesn't ruin my weekend.

Not casting aspertions on anyone, but just wondering where you think you rank on the fandom scale?

Still a 'better' fan than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.