Am I a real fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Having recently joined this forum, it seems that in the main, folk on here are pretty die-hard Everton fans. Which is cool. I do love Everton, but I have some limitations.

1) I don't go the match (this is financial and geographical rather than from a lack of want)
2) I've never bought an Everton shirt (last one was bought for me in 1995)
3) I would never wear a football shirt other than when I play football
4) The idea of dressing my kids up in Everton kit, no thanks
5) Naming my kids after Everton players, no thanks
6) When we win its great, when we lose, well, it doesn't ruin my weekend.

Not casting aspertions on anyone, but just wondering where you think you rank on the fandom scale?

Nobody has any given right to say what a fan should and shouldn't do in regards to how we support a team. I try and get to as many games as I can but I hate all the 'do you go the game' arguments. When Everton win I feel great and it hurts and often ruins the weekend when they lose.

Everton lost on my wedding day to Manchester United and lost to Liverpool on my wifes 30th Birthday bash. I didn't let it ruin the wedding day but I sulked for England after losing to that shower on her birthday (she still brings it up from time to time!). It is ingrained in us. Hard to explain that to those that do not understand but as long as you care, no matter how minescule that may be, then you are a fan.

*I also support SF49ers in the NFL, have done since 1984. Never been to San Francisco, I don't own the shirts (I had a pendant and a T-shirt when I was little) but I am thrilled when they win and these last few seasons have been gutting having gone so close to winning the SB. I am a fan.

lads come on be serious PoP is lovely, shucks you guys always hacking on me

pineapple-pizza.jpg

A bog standard cheese and tomato and a Hawaiian pizza both cost the same in our local pizza place.

I don't particularly like pineapple on pizza but being a mingebag I always go for the Hawaiian when funds are low.

I Thought it was chunks of cheese on that pizza for a second ffs. You had me oohing and aahing about how they could have done it

That's your inner conscience telling you it's mouthwatering and delicious. You'll be having it for supper tonight.

Last time I wore an Everton shirt was the cup final defeat to Chelsea, haven't worn one since cos it shows how horrifically large my tits have got. If they started selling one that was an XL round the bottom and neck, but a XXL round the moobs then I might consider buying one.

Don't buy the kids kit because I think they look like one of those cheapo knock off kits you get off the market when they haven't got the sponsor on, the sort you'd have got bullied for when you were younger.

It does mostly ruin my weekend if we lose, usually because it's accompanied by the typical 'it's only a game' comment by my mrs.
I've always preferred kits without the sponsor to be honest.

I think there's a huge difference between a fan and a supporter.

You seem to be in the fan section, which isn't a good or bad thing. Either way you're helping Everton out, probably unintentionally.

I disagree, Fan as a term is shortened from Fanatic. A supporter merely supports what the club do. A Fan is fanatical about showing it.

IMO

Its just gone midnight and I had Chinese ffs.

was it sweet and sour with pineapple in...you can see how these coincidences happen.

It's official lads Kiwi is a PoP convert

On topic, Fan/supporter doesn't matter all that matters is Everton sucked you in.

Describe the emotions the following images create:
luis-suarez_2744043b.jpg

article-1351440948627-15bacfc8000005dc-129129_636x300.jpg

Pepperoni-Pineapple-pizza-24146386-500-332.jpg

Image 1. Revenge, shame he didn't put him out the game as that gob***** did to super kev 12 months previous.
Image 2. Phil points out that man boobs look bad in replikits. He has 2 massive ones either side to get the point across.
Image 3. Yummy. I prefer Ham and Mushroom but I need to put it out there, Ham and Pineapple is rather nice *runs for the hills

was it sweet and sour with pineapple in...you can see how these coincidences happen.

It's official lads Kiwi is a PoP convert

On topic, Fan/supporter doesn't matter all that matters is Everton sucked you in.
They stopped putting pineapple in with the wontons a few years ago, it was just when the recession hit ffs.

Well, yeah.

Anyone who supports Everton is a fan/supporter.

Just some are "bigger fans" than others. Everyone cries about that phrase, but people like Alan Ball spend thousands of hours and pounds a year going to every away compared to some people who call themselves fans and don't even bother watching it on TV.

But it's not a competition is it?

I think Phil Neville was a good captain.
I think Hibbo and Ossie should stay at the club for life in some capacity, would always be viewed as true blue to me.
I support Everton players at the WC not countries
I think Big Dunc was overrated by the Everton faithful
I dont care if the RS win or lose....they are irrelevent.

Tim Cahill.

Look i know of a fan who believes because they go the match every week they are a real fan. Anyone who doesn't their opinions don't matter about anything. Believe me they have said that many times!

They also get their picture taken with as many everton players as possible, so they can roll them out all the time to show how big of a fan they are. Add on top of that they try to do anything and everything to do everton related things on match days and to get their face and shirt out there.

Point is, are they a better fan than me?

Makes no difference about how you go about it, when you are chosen at birth then as long as you keep the club at heart you are a real fan of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.