Am I a real fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends where you live and where the game is.

Obviously it's cheaper to drive down to southampton and get a train to spurs than fly over from the balkans but if you're doing it every week it's still a lot of money and a huge ammount of time.
I heard especially in England ticket prices are insane, I can only imagine the trip alone - transport, drinking, food etc.

Describe the emotions the following images create:
luis-suarez_2744043b.jpg

article-1351440948627-15bacfc8000005dc-129129_636x300.jpg

Pepperoni-Pineapple-pizza-24146386-500-332.jpg

1) Have that, ya <please do not swear>!
2) Neville, you're a <please do not swear>!
3) That looks like a nice pizza. Why has some <please do not swear> put pineapple on it?

I heard especially in England ticket prices are insane, I can only imagine the trip alone - transport, drinking, food etc.

Well, I don't drive and I live in the north.

So for me the worst away game is Southampton. Which I did this year and we lost 2-0 cos of 2 own goals so it was very a worthwhile trip. For that I couldn't make a day trip cos the train is 6 and a half hours each way. So I had to take the friday off work and spend 60 quid on a hotel, 160 quid on a train return and 40 quid on the match ticket. Plus food, drinks etc.

So one match cost me like 300 quid and 2 days. That's basically a months mortgage for me, it's a lot of money. It was a third of my pay cheque for that month.

I could afford it cos I didn't do it every week, you do it every week and you're basically choosing not to spend your money on any other luxery.

It's a huge commitment and I do think people who do it deserve massive respect. I'm not that committed to Everton, myself.

As someone from the Balkans here - they're not insane per se, with the economy and everything in the UK - they're kind of mid-point. They'd be expensive to us cause we're poor bastards really.

Transport, accommodation and drinks would be more expensive overall, according to my (not very good) research.

I admire you doing that for Sarajevo though, I have friends who do it for Levski, and they have to travel for 3-4 hours to every home game, and double/more to away games sometimes. We also had mental support in Europe. You live for the Blue and you die for the Blue...

As someone from the Balkans here - they're not insane per se, with the economy and everything in the UK - they're kind of mid-point. They'd be expensive to us cause we're poor bastards really.

Transport, accommodation and drinks would be more expensive overall, according to my (not very good) research.

I admire you doing that for Sarajevo though, I have friends who do it for Levski, and they have to travel for 3-4 hours to every home game, and double/more to away games sometimes. We also had mental support in Europe. You live for the Blue and you die for the Blue...
That's funny you just did mention Levski Sofia, I was in Sofia in 2012 when we played Levski Sofia in the qualification. ;)

That's funny you just did mention Levski Sofia, I was in Sofia in 2012 when we played Levski Sofia in the qualification. ;)
Haha, you lost that one IIRC, but rightfully tore us a new one at yours.

We've been dire for about 3 years now, and that season was a low point. Didn't even qualify for Europe this year, on our 100th anniversary :(

Well, I don't drive and I live in the north.

So for me the worst away game is Southampton. Which I did this year and we lost 2-0 cos of 2 own goals so it was very a worthwhile trip. For that I couldn't make a day trip cos the train is 6 and a half hours each way. So I had to take the friday off work and spend 60 quid on a hotel, 160 quid on a train return and 40 quid on the match ticket. Plus food, drinks etc.

So one match cost me like 300 quid and 2 days. That's basically a months mortgage for me, it's a lot of money. It was a third of my pay cheque for that month.

I could afford it cos I didn't do it every week, you do it every week and you're basically choosing not to spend your money on any other luxery.

It's a huge commitment and I do think people who do it deserve massive respect. I'm not that committed to Everton, myself.
I remember that match. Lose or win, away matches are always special.

I love wearing Everton kits in my leisure time, Right now in the summer! I love it how people looks at the jersey,especially the pink kit from Le coq sportif was an eye catcher!I really looking forward to wear our new boss home kit here in germany, eye catcher too! Will be looking fantastic in combination with jeans!

Haha, you lost that one IIRC, but rightfully tore us a new one at yours.

We've been dire for about 3 years now, and that season was a low point. Didn't even qualify for Europe this year, on our 100th anniversary :(
True... we lost 1-0 that match - very unlucky.

I have been to many intense matches but the atmosphere in Sofia was from another world. Police from the first second looked after trouble and in the stadium Sofia fans had made banners of insults towards us of Srebrenica and stuff like that.

Still today that match at home when we won 3-1 is one of the special memories I have from the stands. Hell of a atmosphere, I can not remember when it was like that.

True... we lost 1-0 that match - very unlucky.

I have been to many intense matches but the atmosphere in Sofia was from another world. Police from the first second looked after trouble and in the stadium Sofia fans had made banners of insults towards us of Srebrenica and stuff like that.

Still today that match at home when we won 3-1 is one of the special memories I have from the stands. Hell of a atmosphere, I can not remember when it was like that.
Is right, hope you get to experience it again... but maybe we'll win next time! lol

I've been on this board for a year and I still don't get the pineapple on pizza thing. Can someone explain the significance?
Norweigans like POP. So do Wools. So does Luis Suarez and most Australians. To summarise, Pineapple on Pizza is a crime against humanity

Hello all,

Having recently joined this forum, it seems that in the main, folk on here are pretty die-hard Everton fans. Which is cool. I do love Everton, but I have some limitations.

1) I don't go the match (this is financial and geographical rather than from a lack of want)
2) I've never bought an Everton shirt (last one was bought for me in 1995)
3) I would never wear a football shirt other than when I play football
4) The idea of dressing my kids up in Everton kit, no thanks
5) Naming my kids after Everton players, no thanks
6) When we win its great, when we lose, well, it doesn't ruin my weekend.

Not casting aspertions on anyone, but just wondering where you think you rank on the fandom scale?

Not that different from myself I would say

1) I've supported Everton for around 24 years, yet have not ever been able to see them play in person (poor finances growing up, long travel, etc, was planning on trying to see them play in Leceister this year, but RL will prevent me)
2) The only shirts I've had have all been brought for me, I have plenty of other Everton stuff mind you, and my 5 year old son has Everton stuff brought for him when money allows
3) Same as you
4) If they were playing football themselves I would, ofc. Sidestory, when my cousins daughter was born 9 years ago, I brought her an Everton baby outfit for her first christmas... despite that most of my family, and also her father, are Liverpool fans :) - and yes, one of my family is as deluded as you'd expect when it comes to Liverpool
5) Can't say I even considered naming my son after an Everton player
6) While it doesn't ruin my weekend as such, my mood is down until something happens to cheer me back up

Status
Not open for further replies.