2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As fantastic as he’s been (our best player), I wonder if once all our midfield options are up and running, he could be moved into a more advanced role?

His forward passing has still been our more creative outlet and none of our wingers are really creative players.

Onana - Gueye - Doucoure
(w/ Garner - Davies - Allan)

………….Iwobi
Calvert-Lewin - Gordon
(w/ McNeil - Maupay - Gray)

As fantastic as he’s been (our best player), I wonder if once all our midfield options are up and running, he could be moved into a more advanced role?

His forward passing has still been our more creative outlet and none of our wingers are really creative players.

Onana - Gueye - Doucoure
(w/ Garner - Davies - Allan)

………….Iwobi
Calvert-Lewin - Gordon
(w/ McNeil - Maupay - Gray)
Judging by Saturday, it looks like he'll be the most advanced of a midfield three.

I think this has him in the game less than when he's deeper in a two, but it'll be worth it if it means seeing the back of 5-2-3.

If he’d have played at this level since signing I don’t think he was overpriced tbh

He was rubbish until Frank but since then he’s been our best player and worth the fee

So the question is - was he mismanaged by Carlo and Benitez? He came out in the media saying he was a central midfielder under Carlo I remember and it was laughed off… guess he knew what he was capable of all along!
He always said he was better central. At Arsenal he was played on the left, we signed him and played him on the right for ages.

We then put him on the left for a bit before sticking him central but when you watch clips of him playing the 5 a side, he is great in close space when he can turn either way. He is limited out wide by the sides of the pitch, but in the middle, he can go either way and into the space (as he has quick feet and a burst of pace)

But yeah, he has essentially been misplayed at arsenal and then with us (more so by us by playing him on the right so much after we signed him as a left sided player).

Do we put it down to Frank and his coaching team? I’m addition to the new signings?
I’m hoping he starts shooting more too
I think they have actually shown faith in him and given him confidence. One thing you‘d expect a player brought through by Wenger to be able to do is keep possession.

Think previous regimes, and fans like myself, were too quick to write him off.

Do we put it down to Frank and his coaching team? I’m addition to the new signings?
I’m hoping he starts shooting more too
If you want to give Frank credit you can, it isn't some secret though as he's always been able to play through the middle in some role and just needed someone to actually let him do so. Frank figured it out so I guess congrats even if it wasn't exactly working out the laws of physics or something.

If you want to give Frank credit you can, it isn't some secret though as he's always been able to play through the middle in some role and just needed someone to actually let him do so. Frank figured it out so I guess congrats even if it wasn't exactly working out the laws of physics or something.

Don't think its as simplistic as mere positioning myself, he's had some awful times centrally to.

A bit of credit has to go into managing the lad himself and his confidence and of course his own work, i think the majority of the change has been psychological myself and confidence driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.