2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont think a good 6 month period out of 3 to 4 years is good enough to warrant giving him a new 4 year contract. He is deffo better central but personally i dont think hes worth it.
He shouldn't sign a deal here. If he has good advisors around him they'll tell him very clearly that it is a terrible idea.

I think he’s being criticised too harshly, to be honest.

Lampard played him in his best position, Dyche doesn’t.

That’s not Iwobi’s fault. He’s just a victim of circumstance.

I think he's a very fortunate player to still be getting minutes. To say he's been average would be giving the fella far too much credit regardless of what position he's in.

He’s not the only player in the side who struggles to pass the ball, but he gets called out for it more than anyone else.

When he's out wide yes. In the middle not so much.

Considering hes played 90% of his career as a winger...of course he's gonna get called out more.

It's clear he isn't a winger. He's had a couple months of being a functional number 10.

Lads 26. We can definitely find better wingers. Won't play as a CM under Dyche.

Can sum up his whole career in one move today
Got the ball just inside our half and beat his man with lovely skill and turn of pace
Gray starts to make a run but has Koulibaly positioning himself perfectly giving a few yards gap so Gray won’t be able to turn him and get past without a ball to feet and needing to beat him one on one
Iwobi looks up, hoping to play it in behind but we can all see the pass isn’t on because of Koulibaly’s positioning
Iwobi decides to play the pass anyway even though it’s clearly not on
Koulibaly sweeps up with ease and passes back to Kepa

Iwobi managed to get us out of our seat, get excited, and then completely waste possession in the stupidest way possible in the space of about five seconds

I think he’s being criticised too harshly, to be honest.

Lampard played him in his best position, Dyche doesn’t.

That’s not Iwobi’s fault. He’s just a victim of circumstance.

Iwobi is victim of his own circumstance. His best position is not best for Everton.
No coincidence he has been moved away from the responsibility of being in the middle and we look more competitive.

He’s not the only player in the side who struggles to pass the ball, but he gets called out for it more than anyone else.
Because he reckons he is a number 10, basic requirement is to be able at least pick a pass. Just too sloppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.