2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can only do OK when he's playing in the hole
Elsewhere on the pitch he is crap and can't or won't tackle

Does my head in that. Even for the fact your team mates get a lift from seeing you are all in it together and meaning it.
Tbh im surprised a manager like dyche hasnt pulled him up on it. Really cuts deep things like that with me. I was brought up with players like peter reid. In fact all of that squad would never tolerate that.

What changed?

Mad that people still don't see it or don't care.
Its just down to the selection of 2 managers. Lampard got performances out of iwobi i didnt think were there. Even at wingback he seemed to realise that he wont melt if theres any physical contact. He started knocking players off the ball and using his pace and strength. He had always looked lightweight to me. Now dyche fancies doucoure for the centre and he has been rewarded with goals and assists. Iwobi has regressed in the meantime back to the lightweight player he just shouldnt be given the size of him. Maybe its just confidence and he needs to know the manager believes in him?

He didn't "phone it in" her just didn't okay very well. Can never question his work ethic. If he left SC on his own all match he wouldn't have played a full 90 under someone like Dyche.
Fair play la. I just want to know where the performances have gone he was putting in regular under lampard either at wingback or central thats all. We would be a better team with that iwobi in the team.

Its just down to the selection of 2 managers. Lampard got performances out of iwobi i didnt think were there. Even at wingback he seemed to realise that he wont melt if theres any physical contact. He started knocking players off the ball and using his pace and strength. He had always looked lightweight to me. Now dyche fancies doucoure for the centre and he has been rewarded with goals and assists. Iwobi has regressed in the meantime back to the lightweight player he just shouldnt be given the size of him. Maybe its just confidence and he needs to know the manager believes in him?
This is not a young Michel Platini who we should be nurturing and finding room for. This is Alex Iwobi. He's simply not worth persevering with because, even when indulged, he is simply not that good. Worse, he lacks basic football intelligence. You can't coach that. He might be better in the middle, but who cares? He's not going to transform our team in that position.

No mate it's positional

This is not a young Michel Platini who we should be nurturing and finding room for. This is Alex Iwobi. He's simply not worth persevering with because, even when indulged, he is simply not that good. Worse, he lacks basic football intelligence. You can't coach that. He might be better in the middle, but who cares? He's not going to transform our team in that position.
Oh aye. Would be looking to sell him on rather than give a new 4 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.