2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He baffles me as a player, he truly does. Another player on our books with no devilment, no anger, no passion. He's a nothing player. Compare his pitch presence with Milner or robertson etc. Why can't we buy players who have drive, passion, anger, balls. Why don't we have anyone with a presence on the pitch of a Peter Reid or Andy gray? Our team seems soulless most of the time to me. We've no personality whatsoever to speak of. All in all I think we're just a nothing team.

He baffles me as a player, he truly does. Another player on our books with no devilment, no anger, no passion. He's a nothing player. Compare his pitch presence with Milner or robertson etc. Why can't we buy players who have drive, passion, anger, balls. Why don't we have anyone with a presence on the pitch of a Peter Reid or Andy gray? Our team seems soulless most of the time to me. We've no personality whatsoever to speak of. All in all I think we're just a nothing team.

Fabian Delph.

He and Gordon both struggled to do much of anything if I’m being honest. He probably won’t amount to anything on the wing unless he can get a bit of a free role. That likely won’t happen with our formation or our central midfield.

I really want to like Iwobi and he’s had a few good performances for us

but I thought he was awful today. Did nothing. Then when he had opportunities he gave the ball away carelessly. Hoping he gets a decent amount of minutes in the run in, need to see more of him

He does at least put a shift in when he plays, that's more than what some of our players do. Ancelotti clearly gave him a job to do and he also hardly ever had anyone linking up with him.

Obviously he's not a wide player, Arsenal fans were saying this when we signed him. At some point I want to see him given a proper go in the number 10 position but if we're definitely sticking with 4-4-2 then I just don't see where he fits in. Still convinced he was a panic buy when Zaha didn't work out.

Yeah, thought he was really poor today offensively, almost every touch went worse than no where. I think we really need to get a true RW onto the squad, get rid of Gylfy, and then a few games into him getting game time as a 10 we can really see whether he has a future.

Played out of position as effectively a RB after three months off in an empty stadium against one of the best teams in the world. Not saying he’s a world beater but some of the comments on here are a disgrace.

First game back today basically playing as a defensive minded right midfielder / right back.

Will be interesting to see if opinions change over the next 8 games.

He does at least put a shift in when he plays, that's more than what some of our players do. Ancelotti clearly gave him a job to do and he also hardly ever had anyone linking up with him.

Obviously he's not a wide player, Arsenal fans were saying this when we signed him. At some point I want to see him given a proper go in the number 10 position but if we're definitely sticking with 4-4-2 then I just don't see where he fits in. Still convinced he was a panic buy when Zaha didn't work out.
Im not convinced we'll stick with 442 next season. I think it was a decent system for Carlo to put in midseason when taking over and just wanted consistency through the restart instead of spending a few weeks switching systems

That’s been the core issue with our recruitment. Only Richarlison has that will to win, the rest are quite happy to be nice lads finishing mid table and always falling short when put under pressure. Am hoping Ancelotti does bring some lads in he knows have it as we obviously don’t research the characters of who we’ve been buying of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.