2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he looks a bit heavy. Always looks half a yard off pace. Think losing some muscle mass would help. I do think there is a player in there but I am not sure we’ll be the team to see it, especially if we are rigidly going to stick to 442.

Can’t believe I’ve been judging him wrong all season. Where Firminho is a “defensive striker” Iwobi is a “defensive winger”. He’s been asked not to be able to control a ball, tackle, run with the ball, pick a pass and he’s done an absolute job. £35m for the worlds only “defensive winger” is a steal. Not sure where all these “chances created” stats came from though!

Can’t believe I’ve been judging him wrong all season. Where Firminho is a “defensive striker” Iwobi is a “defensive winger”. He’s been asked not to be able to control a ball, tackle, run with the ball, pick a pass and he’s done an absolute job. £35m for the worlds only “defensive winger” is a steal. Not sure where all these “chances created” stats came from though!
It was one game where he was asked to do a job. Wednesday he will probably play again and if he doesn't create crap it'll be time to really have a go at him.

Bournemouth
Aston Villa
Brighton
WHU
Leeds (if come up)
WBA (if come up)

All would be happy to have this stud muffin in their team.

Get £16-18 million and cut our losses.

He has been bang average, but saying that when was the last midfielder at the club who wasnt.
Lets see how he does with a couple of decent players around him next season.
I’d be pleasantly surprised if he comes good. Have watched a fair bit of him at arsenal and see no difference. He needs to be a bit better in every part of his play in my opinion and I just can’t see that happening.

It was one game where he was asked to do a job. Wednesday he will probably play again and if he doesn't create crap it'll be time to really have a go at him.
Funnily enough I’ve seen him put that exact same performance in against poorer teams than Liverpool. The “defensive winger” is revolutionary.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if he comes good. Have watched a fair bit of him at arsenal and see no difference. He needs to be a bit better in every part of his play in my opinion and I just can’t see that happening.
Thought he was a bit more direct for Arsenal, looks a bit heavy since he has been here.

What job? He never got close to anyone, didn't make any interceptions and offered nothing going forward. Coleman did all the work.
Milner barely had a touch before he went off and Gomez didn't do a whole lot either. Coleman made a bunch of tackles on Mane because he was marking Mane.

Status
Not open for further replies.