2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly pathetic signing. We all knew this at the time but the only one who didn’t seem to realise was Brands.

What an utter waste of money.

Good cameo.

Help us, Obi-Iwobi, you’re our only hope.

Yeah I know we play 4-4-2 at the moment but I'm not sure it suits our players apart from DCL and Richarlison. I would prefer us to play 4-3-3 with one of the 3 midfielders being a bit further advanced which Iwobi could potentially play. However to play that formation we need a left footed forward to play wide right a proper number 6 and ideally a left footed CB.

It certainly doesn't suit our players but like Klopp when he first joined Liverpool I dont think Ancelotti will change his preferred set up to suit these players and will be hoping to bring in his own players long term.

Thats why for me its essential he is backed in the transfer window and the club give him the funds to bring in 4-5 players good enough to take us forward next season.

I don’t care what position Iwobi plays in, he’s got to want to play, he doesn’t believe in himself, doesn’t want the ball, frightened when he gets it and gets rid of it anywhere as soon as he gets it,any other playing in his position yesterday would have done bit more than him yesterday with the ball, how he stayed on so long amazed me and I bet thousands of other Blues watching this game. Unless he can change and get involved a lot more and stop hiding, because that’s what he does, we’d be better moving him on, he so really that poor.

I don’t care what position Iwobi plays in, he’s got to want to play, he doesn’t believe in himself, doesn’t want the ball, frightened when he gets it and gets rid of it anywhere as soon as he gets it,any other playing in his position yesterday would have done bit more than him yesterday with the ball, how he stayed on so long amazed me and I bet thousands of other Blues watching this game. Unless he can change and get involved a lot more and stop hiding, because that’s what he does, we’d be better moving him on, he so really that poor.
When we actually have the ball the last thing he does is hide. We had like 32% possession yesterday.

Add Delph, Kean, Lossl & Gbamin to that aswell.

Even Mina & Gomes are nothing special really - he's signed 2 top class players and one of them was Silva's adopted son.
You can't call a 19 year old player from Juventus who has had senior caps a failure less than 1 year in a new league. And same with Gblammo, theres literally no way to account for him getting THAT injured.

Who on earth knows what happened with Lossl tho..

You can't call a 19 year old player from Juventus who has had senior caps a failure less than 1 year in a new league. And same with Gblammo, theres literally no way to account for him getting THAT injured.

Unlucky with Gbamin but no excusing Keans performances - look at Mason Greenwood at Utd - he's younger than Kean and he may not be prolific but his all round game is miles ahead of this lad jogging around doing next to nothing.

Got fed up watching Pickford be terrible while not getting a shot.

Not sure he's any good either though.

Unlucky with Gbamin but no excusing Keans performances - look at Mason Greenwood at Utd - he's younger than Kean and he may not be prolific but his all round game is miles ahead of this lad jogging around doing next to nothing.

Greenwood hasnt had to move country as a teenager.

Not excusing Kean completely but don't think thats the best comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.